Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has released an iOS update for the iPhone 5 and iPad mini, bringing the iOS version for those devices up to 6.0.2. The release notes for the iPhone note only that an unnamed Wi-Fi bug has been fixed.

There have been a number of complaints related to malfunctioning Wi-Fi connections on the iPhone 5, so this could be a welcome update for many users.

iphone602.jpg
iOS 6.0.2 Software Update

This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

o Fixes a bug that could impact Wi-Fi

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
iOS 6.0.1 was released on November 1, with the fourth beta of iOS 6.1 released just yesterday.

Update: Many users are reporting difficulties downloading iOS 6.0.2, with attempts at over-the-air updates simply yielding errors. Users updating through iTunes appear to be having more success, although even then it may take several attempts.

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 6.0.2 Software Update for iPhone 5 and iPad Mini, Fixes Wi-Fi Bug

Adrien24

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2009
Canada
Anyone else getting an error when trying to update over the air?

Getting this error:

Unable to Check for Update
An error occurred while checking for a software update

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
There was a Wi-Fi bug?
No kidding. iOS6 trashed wifi for my wife's iPad2 (which 6.0.1 seems to have fixed), but the i5 has been great for me. I haven't looked into why, but it's much faster than my i4, on the same n wifi. Maxes out my 40Mb DSL.

Probably shouldn't upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.