Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:03 PM   #1
awb
macrumors newbie

Pausing Verizon prepaid service solution

Stopped by the Verizon store yesterday and asked how to pause my service without deactivating my sim - I have heard the horror stories. I was told all I had to do was remove my credit card info that I had entered for Verizon and that way they cannot auto-renew my account. He also assurred me that this store had a good supply of new sim cards. I forgot to ask the cost if I ever needed one.

Has anyone used this method? Did it work? It seems so simple.

Sorry if this has been posted before. I have searched for solutions to this problem and I had never found this as the answer here or on any other forum.
awb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:06 PM   #2
Blorzoga
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by awb View Post
Stopped by the Verizon store yesterday and asked how to pause my service without deactivating my sim - I have heard the horror stories. I was told all I had to do was remove my credit card info that I had entered for Verizon and that way they cannot auto-renew my account. He also assurred me that this store had a good supply of new sim cards. I forgot to ask the cost if I ever needed one.

Has anyone used this method? Did it work? It seems so simple.

Sorry if this has been posted before. I have searched for solutions to this problem and I had never found this as the answer here or on any other forum.
I have not used the method, but have heard that all you have to do is select "cancel later" on the ipad account screen and this will stop the auto renewal. Keep in mind that if the account is not reactivated within 5 months, the SIM will be cancelled and you'll need a new sim. You'll then be pressured by the annoying Verizon sales people to sign up for a post-paid account and probably be told that they don't have any prepaid sims available.
Blorzoga is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad