Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:30 AM   #1
shah1
macrumors member

Problems with charging new macbook air

Hi guys,

Another problem with my new Macbook Air. This is my 3rd replacement from Apple. The computer is working perfectly fine. However, I've been charging the macbook for a few hours, having moved the computer and accidentally knocked the magsafe plug off, I then re-plugged the magsafe adaptor however it would not charge, no light appeared and when clicking on the battery icon, it showed that is was running off the battery source. I proceeded to remove the magsafe and plug it in again but no luck. I then un-plugged the mains 3-pin adaptor and switched it back on again for the charger to start working again.

But again, I un-plugged the magsafe the problem re-occured. What could be causing this as I have not had this before on any of my MacBooks??
shah1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:29 AM   #2
mankar4
macrumors 6502a

take it back. sorry you had to get so many replacements.
mankar4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:42 AM   #3
shah1
macrumors member

Going to give Applecare a call tomorrow. Really hate going through this process, they will be thinking that I purposely find faults with all the Mac's I've so far. But tbh, I genuinally believe that their QC isn't has good as it once was. My Macbook air from late 2010 is still going strong, not a single issue with it! Yet I've had numorous problems with 3 of the 2012 Air's I've had so far..
shah1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:52 AM   #4
aseems
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah1 View Post
Going to give Applecare a call tomorrow. Really hate going through this process, they will be thinking that I purposely find faults with all the Mac's I've so far. But tbh, I genuinally believe that their QC isn't has good as it once was. My Macbook air from late 2010 is still going strong, not a single issue with it! Yet I've had numorous problems with 3 of the 2012 Air's I've had so far..
What Happened?

Please Share

Thank you

iPhone 4, iPad 2, 2012 MBA 13
aseems is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:36 AM   #5
Johnny Alien
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah1 View Post
If it won't charge I find it hard to believe that they will feet you are being nitpicky. And it's an easy thing to show/prove.
Johnny Alien is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:26 AM   #6
FHayek
macrumors member

3 MBAs, all having issues. You may want to opt for a different brand or at least another model.

Statistically speaking, you're an outlier, no?
FHayek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:56 AM   #7
wolfpuppies3
macrumors 6502

2 MBAs, no problems whatsoever. Fantastic machine. Not every Rolls Royce or MBA is born problem free but both manufacturers stand fully behind their products and will happily make all well for you at no cost.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:22 AM   #8
krravi
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpuppies3 View Post
2 MBAs, no problems whatsoever. Fantastic machine. Not every Rolls Royce or MBA is born problem free but both manufacturers stand fully behind their products and will happily make all well for you at no cost.
I ordered another MBA with lower capacity to replace the one I recently got. After finding out that the unit was not upto my satisfaction I returned it.

Apple not only paid return shipping they also paid back the express shipping cost.

Their Service is top notch !
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:56 PM   #9
shah1
macrumors member

Yes 3 faulty MacBooks. The first had the issue with the screen, the second a dodgy keyboard, I just knew it wasn't right considering I have used 3 macs in the past and then this new machine which is having problems with charging. Had the machine checked out by a local Apple re-seller and they confirmed it was either a dodgy charger but Apple still offered to replace the mac for a new unit which I agreed to. So fingers crossed, 4th time lucky.

There is a difference in QC with these machines and earlier models. My late 2010 Macbook Air is still going strong today without a single issue.
shah1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air