Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skyenet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2012
Near Glasgow - Scotland
In the middle of setting up my iMac to run on three monitors in X-Plane 10. The two HP 1211x's are hooked up to my new 27" iMac via Displayport to DVI cables.

Setting up was not as straightforward as I expected. Setting them up in OSX was very easy using the Systems Preferences - Display option. However X-Plane is proving a bit harder as it is designed to use extra screens running on different PCs connected over a Network. Will figure it out better soon, but a wee preview of how it looks. Took some video as well which I will add to the thread when I get a chance. Video now added http://youtu.be/RIyhPwNqclM

Sound is output via Optical Cable to surround sound speakers so take off's sound quite good through the subwoofer :cool:

file-14.jpg

file-13.jpg

file-11.jpg

Last edited:

skyenet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2012
Near Glasgow - Scotland
Fair enough... I was just jealous. :D

Actually it didn't work out too expensive. I picked up the 23" HP monitors a few months ago in a sale at £129 each. They have HDMI, DVI and VGA input so have other stuff hooked up to them, not just the iMac. The DVI to Displayport cables were off Amazon at around £13 each.

hacke

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2011
Sorry to say this: why do you spend so much money for this? I would've prefered a windows PC ;)

skyenet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2012
Near Glasgow - Scotland
That looks like an awesome setup. Good job!

Thanks ;)

Also, beans on toast is awesome.

Heinz beans + warburtons bread ftw ;)

I wish, Asda Smartprice beans and bread for another week or two :eek:

Never mind, because the iMac took so long to come out I saved enough money over the last eight months, and it will all be paid off by the end of the year. So will splash out on Heinz beans + warburtons bread to celebrate.

My daughter is happy as well as she will inherit my 24" iMac :)

bill phillips

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2012
In the middle of setting up my iMac to run on three monitors in X-Plane 10. The two HP 1211x's are hooked up to my new 27" iMac via Displayport to DVI cables.

Setting up was not as straightforward as I expected. Setting them up in OSX was very easy using the Systems Preferences - Display option. However X-Plane is proving a bit harder as it is designed to use extra screens running on different PCs connected over a Network. Will figure it out better soon, but a wee preview of how it looks. Took some video as well which I will add to the thread when I get a chance.

Sound is output via Optical Cable to surround sound speakers so take off's sound quite good through the subwoofer :cool:

youve got some serious problems my friend lol...i like it though...I got two thunderbolts right now running off my tweaked out macbook pro...can cant wait to add my i mac to make it three..

----------

how come every time someone puts up a picture like this of their setup to share with the rest of us, theres always one or two negative comments? I never understood that...just be happy for the guy Jesus christ!! Or take your condescension somewhere else...We're suppose to be here to help each other not make them feel like **** for spending too much or whatever...If hes happy thats all that matters, thankyou that is all

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.