Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:20 PM   #1
ValkyrieX
macrumors newbie

Buying overseas / Apple Discount info

Hey i'm about to buy a MBP by the internet. I live in Brazil (MBP base here costs U$2000 - very expensive) and my friend in the US is going to pick it up instore. I don't know how this works, could someone tell me? (The buying and picking it up part)
Additionally, as i'm in a tight budget, i'd like to know how can I get the student discount, even though I am not a US resident and far from an US student. My friend though, will study there soon and I think his sisters are already at school, but they're 11 and 15, i don't know if they're eligible for discount.

Well, how shall I do this all?

Thanks guys
ValkyrieX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:27 PM   #2
ezramoore
macrumors 6502a

Any student K - Post-Doctorate can get an educationally priced computer from Apple. I'm not sure what the rules are here on gaming the system but I will say this, Apple does not check to see if you are enrolled in the school that you claim to be.

The easiest way to order computers with the educational discount is to go to the American Apple web store and click Apple Store for Education (http://store.apple.com/us-hed/findyo...US-Edu-NavLink). It will likely have to be shipped to a US address, but I have no idea.

I feel obliged to say "don't cheat the system, it wrecks it for those people who need it."
ezramoore is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help