Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:11 PM   #1
AbacabMR
macrumors newbie

Got my IPT5 today (and upgrading from 2nd gen)

Went to the Apple store downtown today. Lots of people as usual. One great thing they had: express shopping lane... you go in and say what you want and they have a whole bunch of articles near by. You pay and you leave... fast service even though the store is packed. Most people are browsing and playing with the devices.

Looking forward to open it up. I should be able to get around it sometime tomorrow. Right now it's sitting on the desk. With my 2nd gen iPod I was limited with 8G and apps started to get less and less compatible with 4.2.1.

I'm basically a google calendar and contacts fan. I also use two or three apps that are very useful for me and watch youtube music or movie clips.

If I could only find a 'hardshell' belt case for it that closes with a zipper and can also serve as a wallet... I'd be all set.
AbacabMR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:15 PM   #2
aPple nErd
macrumors 68000

cool story bro...
aPple nErd is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:51 PM   #3
braddick
macrumors 68030

Big jump up on features and appearance!
Enjoy your new iDevice.
braddick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:03 PM   #4
SnowLeopard OSX
macrumors 6502a

Enjoy your new iPT5.
iPhone |4S White/16GB/ iOS 7.0|3G White/16GB iOS 4.2.1
SnowLeopard OSX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:12 PM   #5
Dyce
macrumors member

Enjoy.
Dyce is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 04:53 AM   #6
AbacabMR
macrumors newbie

Thanks guys !

I don't know if it's a Christmas thing or not but I'm keeping the anticipation up... haven't opened it up yet. Got some things to do first (... we got some snow finally for Xmas and the driveway needs a good 'clearing'.).

The features will indeed be quite interesting. Just being able to take pictures whenever you feel like it... discovering new apps... playing with iOS 6 and learning the tips and tricks will be also be an interesting process. I'll be able to have a lot more albums to listen to in the background and get to keep all my podcasts .... all this without running out of memory.

I almost went with an android device but the size of the iPod was too convenient ... I didn't want to carry a phone either (got an old Motorola flip which is doing fine for my needs).

My colleagues were in favour of Android's 'openness' and flexibility. I don't mind the restricted aspects of iOS and I could say I rather like it. And it seems you can always find an app or two to do what you want anyway.

Until another company makes a similar device... I don't think there is an alternative out there for those of us who do not want to get a phone.
AbacabMR is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch