Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Timbreo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2012
I have a 16GB Jailbroken 3GS with ios 5.1.1. I wanted to sell it so I hit "erase all content and settings". It's now stucked on the circling logo for hours. How can I bring back the 5.1.1 and jailbreak it again?
When I go to in iTunes>preferences>devices it shows that I have two backups of this phone, are they useful?
Please kindly help me with a step by step guide.
Thanks in advance.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
DFU>Restore depending on what fw you want. Find specific tutorials for it at iclarified.com GL

Timbreo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2012
thanks

Thanks for ur prompt reply Carlanga. I want version 5.1.1 so that I can jailbreak it again. Unfortunately couldn't find anything on iclarified.com because I'm not sure what to search for. can you be more specific please?
DFU>Restore depending on what fw you want. Find specific tutorials for it at iclarified.com GL

.macbookpro.

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2012
london
happened to me so i turned the device off by holding the power and home buttons, and it turned on with the apple logo, back into my jailbroken lock screen. didn't even need to restore it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.