Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:50 PM   #1
Jonny Craig
macrumors newbie

Anyone here ordered from B&H?

How long did it take for your order to be delivered with free standard shipping? I live in California

I placed an order for an 8 GB 128 SSD MBA on Sunday and it was processed+shipped Monday morning, but I have received no tracking updates via UPS so I have no idea if B&H simply didn't send it out yet or if UPS hasn't updated the system (it just says shipping label created and it hasn't changed since Monday). I'm kind of annoyed because I will be leaving town on Friday so if it isn't here by Thursday I'll have to place a hold on it.
Jonny Craig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:37 PM   #2
macking104
macrumors 6502

Occasionally the UPS website may not show all the information... once it leaves the UPS origin facility you wont see an update until it arrives near the final destination...

Best bet is contact B&H and make sure it actually shipped.

from ups website:
I've been tracking my package, but it doesn't seem to be moving. Why?

Your package is still within the UPS network and, unless otherwise noted, should be delivered on the Scheduled Delivery Date. Package movement information is captured each time a tracking label is scanned in the UPS delivery system.

Common scans you might see when tracking your package:

Billing Information Received: UPS has received the electronic transmission of shipment detail from the shipper and a label has been created for your shipment. Once UPS has possession of this shipment, the tracking status will be updated.
Origin: The package has been received at the origin UPS location.
Departure: The package has left the originating location and is on its way toward the destination address.
Arrival: The package has arrived at an intermediate UPS facility or the destination facility closest to the delivery address.
Out for Delivery: The shipment has reached the local UPS facility responsible for delivery. The shipment has been dispatched to a UPS driver and is scheduled for delivery today.
Delivered: UPS has delivered the shipment. The date and time of delivery have been recorded in the UPS delivery system.
Exception: Your shipment is currently within the UPS network; however, an unforeseen event has occurred which could result in a change to the Scheduled Delivery Date.
macking104 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:09 AM   #3
wolfpuppies3
macrumors 6502

Use B&H a lot

for photographic equipment, they have been flawless for years.

Call them. My orders usually arrive in one day from NYC to WDC.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:15 AM   #4
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

B&H is top notch. I have never ordered a computer from them, but I have ordered my fair share of photography gear. Check their holiday schedule though; they're Orthodox Jews and they are sometimes closed when you would not expect them to be.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:26 AM   #5
wjereb
macrumors newbie

You can't beat B&H. A Thunderbolt display that would have cost $1070 at an apple store (with tax) cost me $939 delivered from B&H. I live in NJ so I received it the next day. They put the display box inside another box for protection during shipping. I also buy all my camera equipment from them. Great prices & great service.

Bill
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:09 PM   #6
filmbuff
macrumors 6502a

I just ordered a camera from them and the UPS tracking never updated. It had the origin scan then nothing for a few days, then the delivery scan after I got it.
filmbuff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:23 PM   #7
yoak
macrumors 65816

B&h have been amazing for me, and I live in Norway, Europe. When I ordered my steadicam rig on a Wednesday afternoon, I had it at my door before noon on Friday. Less than 48hours! That's faster than ordering local. Sometimes it has taken a bit longer, but never as long as a week.
www.sombrafilm.com
yoak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:31 PM   #8
ritmomundo
macrumors 68000

I'm in CA too, and standard free shipping (I believe its UPS ground) from B&H takes the full 5 business days.
ritmomundo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:19 PM   #9
Jonny Craig
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritmomundo View Post
I'm in CA too, and standard free shipping (I believe its UPS ground) from B&H takes the full 5 business days.
Looks like it, I was hoping it would take fewer days than that. Still no tracking updates though
Jonny Craig is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air