Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:16 PM   #1
hawken84
macrumors newbie

Which color Sena Folio should I get? Black or Brown.

Hi everyone,

I just purchased my first Mac, a 13 inch 2012 Macbook Air. I've been looking for a nice sleeve or case for it, and the Sena Folio has definitely caught my attention!

I am slightly concerned about how protected the sides would be, and it would usually be in my backpack with a couple binders and textbooks, so I'm not %100 sold yet.

But if I were to get this case, I am torn between the Black and Brown. I'm a Business/IT student in college if that matters

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	507.5 KB
ID:	384638   Click image for larger version

Name:	brown.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	527.3 KB
ID:	384639  
hawken84 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:17 PM   #2
-Concept-
macrumors member

I like black. I don't really have a reason, it's based primarily on which is more aesthetically pleasing.. the keys are black, the case is black- it matches.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:27 PM   #3
hawken84
macrumors newbie

Interesting haha. From the outside, I prefer the black, and I think the black would look more discreet for sure. But something about that brown on silver makes me drool.

First world problems!

Again though, I'm wondering how "protective" it is. The reviews all seem good, but I can't fin much information on how safe the open sides are.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:21 AM   #4
wolfpuppies3
macrumors 6502

Black.

I like it.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:10 AM   #5
filmbuff
macrumors 6502a

Black!

This is a great case by the way.
filmbuff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:24 AM   #6
emvath
macrumors regular

No offense...

I don't mean to sound rude here, but who cares? Be an adult and make a decision! Not everything has to be "popular vote approved." Go with whatever one you like better. It's as simple as that.
emvath is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:48 PM   #7
ritmomundo
macrumors 68000

No offense, but both of those are effing ugly. They remind me of a dog wearing a muzzle.

That said, if you HAVE to go with one, I'd pick the brown. Black is boring.
ritmomundo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:42 PM   #8
plucky duck
macrumors 6502

I have this in black on my 11" Air. There should be sufficient padding that if you drop it from waist level it'll only sustain minimal damage, unless it hits the floor at a corner edge.

I've brought it with me and placed it in my busy backpack, and didn't notice any scrapes to the exposed sides. It's expensive, but it does its job well. The folio case makes the Air an instant grab and go device, without thinking twice.

Black case matches the black keyboard and looks more sophisticated than brown imo.
plucky duck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:07 PM   #9
hawken84
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by emvath View Post
I don't mean to sound rude here, but who cares? Be an adult and make a decision! Not everything has to be "popular vote approved." Go with whatever one you like better. It's as simple as that.
You don't mean to sound rude, but that's exactly what you sound like. As I said in the post, I really like both and am am unable to choose, and wondering what other people think. Tool.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback everyone. I ended up ordering a different one, a black leather sleeve from PicasoLab

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air