Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hawken84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2012
Hi everyone,

I just purchased my first Mac, a 13 inch 2012 Macbook Air. I've been looking for a nice sleeve or case for it, and the Sena Folio has definitely caught my attention!

I am slightly concerned about how protected the sides would be, and it would usually be in my backpack with a couple binders and textbooks, so I'm not %100 sold yet.

But if I were to get this case, I am torn between the Black and Brown. I'm a Business/IT student in college if that matters :)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• black.jpg
    black.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 136
  • brown.jpg
    brown.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 105

hawken84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2012
Interesting haha. From the outside, I prefer the black, and I think the black would look more discreet for sure. But something about that brown on silver makes me drool.

First world problems!

Again though, I'm wondering how "protective" it is. The reviews all seem good, but I can't fin much information on how safe the open sides are.

emvath

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2009
No offense...

I don't mean to sound rude here, but who cares? Be an adult and make a decision! Not everything has to be "popular vote approved." Go with whatever one you like better. It's as simple as that.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
No offense, but both of those are effing ugly. They remind me of a dog wearing a muzzle.

That said, if you HAVE to go with one, I'd pick the brown. Black is boring.

plucky duck

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2012
I have this in black on my 11" Air. There should be sufficient padding that if you drop it from waist level it'll only sustain minimal damage, unless it hits the floor at a corner edge.

I've brought it with me and placed it in my busy backpack, and didn't notice any scrapes to the exposed sides. It's expensive, but it does its job well. The folio case makes the Air an instant grab and go device, without thinking twice.

Black case matches the black keyboard and looks more sophisticated than brown imo.

hawken84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2012
I don't mean to sound rude here, but who cares? Be an adult and make a decision! Not everything has to be "popular vote approved." Go with whatever one you like better. It's as simple as that.

You don't mean to sound rude, but that's exactly what you sound like. As I said in the post, I really like both and am am unable to choose, and wondering what other people think. Tool.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback everyone. I ended up ordering a different one, a black leather sleeve from PicasoLab :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.