Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cvadh387

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2012
California
For the life of me, I can't figure out how to maximize the buddy list.

When I open iMessages to talk to my friend, I also want to see who else is online.

I have attached a screenshot of what my "buddylist" looks like.

Can anyone please give me a detailed step by step of how to make my buddylist show? Or maximize so that I can see who else is online, etc?

I'm sorry if this question is stupid but it's making me frustrated. I read before that you just go to window -> buddies and that it will show, but that didn't help me, it just looks the same way as it did in the picture I attached. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

I have Mountain Lion if that information is relevant at all.

Thanks again :)

Attachments

• iMessage question.png
    iMessage question.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 114

colourfastt

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2009
For the life of me, I can't figure out how to maximize the buddy list.

When I open iMessages to talk to my friend, I also want to see who else is online.

I have attached a screenshot of what my "buddylist" looks like.

Can anyone please give me a detailed step by step of how to make my buddylist show? Or maximize so that I can see who else is online, etc?

I'm sorry if this question is stupid but it's making me frustrated. I read before that you just go to window -> buddies and that it will show, but that didn't help me, it just looks the same way as it did in the picture I attached. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

I have Mountain Lion if that information is relevant at all.

Thanks again :)

In your embedded image it shows your messenger as "offline" which is why no contact is showing in the list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.