Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:32 AM   #1
harcosparky
macrumors 68020

ATT SIM - iPad / iPhone Compatible

Ok so I have an ATT account and an iPhone 4.

No knowledge of the SIM card slots on current iPad so I am wondering.

Can I remove the SIM from my iPhone4, pop it into the iPad and use it without issues from ATT?

Seems I never use the iPhone for voice calls anymore, just email / browsing and my eyes would love a larger screen.

I have a 'grandfathered " Unlimited Data " plan so do want to go to ATT to have this done and risk losing that plan at the moment.[COLOR="#808080"]
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:01 AM   #2
Blorzoga
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by harcosparky View Post
Ok so I have an ATT account and an iPhone 4.

No knowledge of the SIM card slots on current iPad so I am wondering.

Can I remove the SIM from my iPhone4, pop it into the iPad and use it without issues from ATT?

Seems I never use the iPhone for voice calls anymore, just email / browsing and my eyes would love a larger screen.

I have a 'grandfathered " Unlimited Data " plan so do want to go to ATT to have this done and risk losing that plan at the moment.[COLOR="#808080"]
It is possible but there are some tweaks to make on the ipad. It will not get LTE and if AT&T detects that you've switched it to an iPad, who knows what they will do. Most likely, they'll cancel your unlimited, and you wouldn't want that to happen. Also, the current iPad (4) uses a nanosim, whereas the iP4 uses a microsim, so you'd have to cut it down and get an adapter to put it back in your phone.
Blorzoga is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:25 AM   #3
harcosparky
macrumors 68020

I'll forget about this ....

Found an old thread and yeah it might work, but ATT will catch it faster than one might think.

I just want a larger screen phone and Apple has disappointed with the iPhone 5.

At this point my only options to keep my unlimited plan intact with ATT and get a larger screen will be with Samsung. Either the SIII or Note 2. I'm trying hard not to do that though.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad