Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xenoimpact

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
One of the windows medical billing programs that I currently still use relies on the need for a 56k modem. I have been trying to get a generic USB 56k modem to work under windows 7 bootcamp and have not been able to connect successfully to the outside line. I have tested this modem on another Windows 7 PC and have been successful even though I have gone through the same setup steps. I am wondering whether Apple requires a specific modem to work even when it is running in full Windows 7 mode, maybe due to incompatible drivers, etc. If anyone has any possible ideas, I would greatly appreciate it as this issue has been giving me lots of trouble.

monkeybagel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
United States
One of the windows medical billing programs that I currently still use relies on the need for a 56k modem. I have been trying to get a generic USB 56k modem to work under windows 7 bootcamp and have not been able to connect successfully to the outside line. I have tested this modem on another Windows 7 PC and have been successful even though I have gone through the same setup steps. I am wondering whether Apple requires a specific modem to work even when it is running in full Windows 7 mode, maybe due to incompatible drivers, etc. If anyone has any possible ideas, I would greatly appreciate it as this issue has been giving me lots of trouble.

It should work fine. Is it a USB modem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.