Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:14 PM   #1
Thebullet
macrumors newbie

Something under home button

Something under home button.
I've had my iphone a week now and yesterday the home button sounded funny, it sounds like it clicks twice, almost as if something is under the buttons really irritating, like a bit of grit or something making this crunchy sound. It work fine but this sound is bugging me.

Anyone had the same issue? Or know how to clear it if there is an issue!

Cheers.
Thebullet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:23 PM   #2
SnowLeopard OSX
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebullet View Post
Something under home button.
I've had my iphone a week now and yesterday the home button sounded funny, it sounds like it clicks twice, almost as if something is under the buttons really irritating, like a bit of grit or something making this crunchy sound. It work fine but this sound is bugging me.

Anyone had the same issue? Or know how to clear it if there is an issue!

Cheers.
It's a pretty rare issue for the iPhone 5 since Apple completely reconfigured their approach towards installing the home button on to the device.

You mention that you bought the phone about a week ago -- I would take it back to the Apple store as soon as possible and swap it out with a new phone just to be safe.
iPhone |4S White/16GB/ iOS 7.0|3G White/16GB iOS 8.0
SnowLeopard OSX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:24 PM   #3
FixBrokeni
macrumors member

Definitely in need of a home button replacement. Apple should replace your device for you free of charge.
FixBrokeni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:24 PM   #4
Thebullet
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard OSX View Post
It's a pretty rare issue for the iPhone 5 since Apple completely reconfigured their approach towards installing the home button on to the device.

You mention that you bought the phone about a week ago -- I would take it back to the Apple store as soon as possible and swap it out with a new phone just to be safe.
Hmm I got it from three on contract so I might take it back to them, the restof the phone is perfect just this, I wonder if it will go away after time?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:40 PM   #5
SnowLeopard OSX
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebullet View Post
Hmm I got it from three on contract so I might take it back to them, the restof the phone is perfect just this, I wonder if it will go away after time?
It is possible that the home button could wear in after time, but most people, from what I know at least, haven't experienced clicking home buttons from unboxing -- it was pretty flush with their device from unboxing. It's your choice, personally, I'd replace it at Apple -- especially after only a week of owning the phone.
iPhone |4S White/16GB/ iOS 7.0|3G White/16GB iOS 8.0
SnowLeopard OSX is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:43 PM   #6
Thebullet
macrumors newbie

My only concern about that is I could get an even worse one that's scuffed or starts clicking again. It might be muck stuck under it. Hmm not sure on what to do.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:21 PM   #7
Thebullet
macrumors newbie

Actually there is movement in the home button which is why there is this sound, seems a common issue actually.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone