Iphone or galaxy note 2? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:10 PM   #1
bsurb
macrumors member

Iphone or galaxy note 2?

I have the Iphone 5 for sprint right now, not sure why but it doesn't catch my attention much. Its the exact same thing as the 4. Just a little bigger screen.....

In my area, they don't have the 4G towers built yet either for a few more months.... So the speed is also the same as the 4.

Does anybody have the samsung galaxy note 2? I know its big, but it looks pretty bad A**. I got away from droid for a while but I wanted to get some opinions....

thanks
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:11 PM   #2
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

It's the exact same thing as the note 1, just with a little bigger screen.
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:17 PM   #3
salas2324
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
It's the exact same thing as the note 1, just with a little bigger screen.
Disagree. It has 1.6ghz quad core processor, 2gb of ram, and 64gb maximum card size.

Its almost like saying the iPhone 5 is the exact same thing as the iPhone 4... Just with a little bigger screen
salas2324 is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:17 PM   #4
KoukiFC3S
macrumors 6502a

Had the Note 2 for 2 weeks. Awesome device. Battery is great with the 3100mah battery. (about the same as the 5)
+big screen
+great OS (jelly bean), touchwiz is really good now.
+sd slot: only for media, apps stay in main memory
+stylus is neat

-big phone: one handed operation is tricky
-bloat from carrier: very glas iOS has no bloatware
-amoled: good for some people, too saturated and dim for me.
-limited storage: apps only go on main memory, which is ~11GB.

Overall the Note 2 is a great device. I took it back because I wanted iOS which integrates better with my iPad 4.
KoukiFC3S is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:18 PM   #5
bsurb
macrumors member

iv never used the galaxy note before. the only android i owned was the old evo.

the iphone 5 is just boring.... its seems the exact same thing as the 4. bigger screen thats it.

i kind of like the size of the note 2.

the iphone 5 battery drains pretty quick when i constantly use it.my 4 seemed to last a lot longer. i am concerned about the Note 2 though if i constantly use it.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:18 PM   #6
Zwhaler
macrumors 603

Galaxy Note 2 is so cool, it's like having a portable computer in your hand, really! Give it a test run at one of your stores and if you like it, get it you won't be dissapointed!
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:19 PM   #7
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by salas2324 View Post
Disagree. It has 1.6ghz quad core processor, 2gb of ram, and 64gb maximum card size.

Its almost like saying the iPhone 5 is the exact same thing as the iPhone 4... Just with a little bigger screen
It was a reference to him saying the 4 and 5 were exactly alike. And one version of the original note had 2gb of ram and I thought all android's has 64gb sd cards?
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:24 PM   #8
bsurb
macrumors member

i know the note 2 can be upgraded to 120gb sd card. the iphone doesnt go past 64gb.

the iphone is stuck in 2007.. and seems to go down hill since steve jobs passed away.

i looked at the note 2 today but the guy standing inside of sprint was telling me i made a good pick with the 5. of course, u work here and i was wanting to return it......

i use twitter, facebook, tumblr ect all the time. i promote music artists and i stay on the phone 24/7 with clients.

iphone or N2 better for business related?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:32 PM   #9
SomeDudeAsking
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsurb View Post
i know the note 2 can be upgraded to 120gb sd card. the iphone doesnt go past 64gb.

the iphone is stuck in 2007.. and seems to go down hill since steve jobs passed away.

i looked at the note 2 today but the guy standing inside of sprint was telling me i made a good pick with the 5. of course, u work here and i was wanting to return it......

i use twitter, facebook, tumblr ect all the time. i promote music artists and i stay on the phone 24/7 with clients.

iphone or N2 better for business related?
Since you use the phone / messaging part a lot, the Note 2 is hands down the better choice. You can actually block calls/messages from individual users or as a whole like you expect it to, unlike Apple's half-baked do not disturb mode that doesn't work. The Note 2's just work.

And I like this picture comparing the two phones:

iPhone 5: Please don't eat me!
Note 2: I'm gonna enjoy munching you, punny one!
SomeDudeAsking is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:37 PM   #10
isephmusic
macrumors 6502

my iphone 5 battery is really damn good maybe you guys dont know about some app running in the background. then again i only bought voice and text this month so no LTE usage. next month im gonna buy 4g again hopefully the battery wont show what everyone else keeps reporting D;
isephmusic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:41 PM   #11
F123D
macrumors 68040

I've had an iPhone the past 4 years and decided to buy the Note II after owning the iPhone 5 for a couple of weeks. Phone runs very smooth with no lag or hiccups. Screen is amazing for web browsing and videos. Battery life lasts forever. I was able to get 3.5 days with moderate use on a single charge. (normally have to charge every other day). Love the notification system and led light. I have widgets set up for my calendar, tasks, emails so they're easily accessible. That alone has helped me with productivity.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:50 PM   #12
bsurb
macrumors member

and instead of taking it back to sprint and getting a re stocking fee charge, i found a girl who has the n2 for 2-3 weeks who is looking to trade for an iphone....
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:52 PM   #13
SnowLeopard OSX
macrumors 6502a

Note 2 is too big for me, personally. But the iPhone 5 is too tall/skinny/thin for me as well.

That's why I've remained using an iPhone 4S, it's just perfect for me. Do what suits you best -- don't depend on the opinions of others.
iPhone |4S White/16GB/ iOS 7.0|3G White/16GB iOS 4.2.1
SnowLeopard OSX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:56 PM   #14
craftytony
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDudeAsking View Post
Since you use the phone / messaging part a lot, the Note 2 is hands down the better choice. You can actually block calls/messages from individual users or as a whole like you expect it to, unlike Apple's half-baked do not disturb mode that doesn't work. The Note 2's just work.

And I like this picture comparing the two phones:

iPhone 5: Please don't eat me!
Note 2: I'm gonna enjoy munching you, punny one!
LOL.... i knew the note was big, but holy crap, i think it's bigger than some people's heads lol....wow....

craftytony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:59 PM   #15
D1G1T4L
macrumors 65816

I have owned and used every iPhone released and loved them but am currently using a Note 2. First android I have owned that I don't see me moving away from anytime soon. I was able to find applications that made syncing with my Apple products seamless. If Apple doesn't wow me with the 5s/6 I will be staying with the Note. First time I have said that after the iPhone first came out.
D1G1T4L is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:02 PM   #16
bsurb
macrumors member

i like how you can have several tabs open to on the note 2
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:05 PM   #17
D1G1T4L
macrumors 65816

One thing I am VERY happy to see is that cell phone makers and Android are giving Apple a run for their money. Think this will only make Apple improve the iPhone and iOS.
D1G1T4L is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:08 PM   #18
bsurb
macrumors member

i think i may go meet this person for their note2 at the sprint store.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:08 PM   #19
craftytony
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1G1T4L View Post
One thing I am VERY happy to see is that cell phone makers and Android are giving Apple a run for their money. Think this will only make Apple improve the iPhone and iOS.
Very true....i think we'll see big changes to iOS in 2013
craftytony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:16 PM   #20
robbie12345
macrumors 6502

get the note. I have had the iphone 5 for a couple of months now after upgrading from the 4s, and it seems quite boring, honestly i wish i had the note. The notes screen is amazing. yes you cant use it with one hand, but its much better. also its about the same speed in general plus u get nfc and that awesome s pen!

go with the note, because if you dont you eill be sorry
robbie12345 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:19 PM   #21
bsurb
macrumors member

found another one locally they want to trade..

ill keep you guys update on what i decide to do
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:01 PM   #22
pablo7
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1G1T4L View Post
I have owned and used every iPhone released and loved them but am currently using a Note 2. First android I have owned that I don't see me moving away from anytime soon. I was able to find applications that made syncing with my Apple products seamless. If Apple doesn't wow me with the 5s/6 I will be staying with the Note. First time I have said that after the iPhone first came out.
Same here I use isyncr and sync my music and vids over wifi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsurb View Post
i like how you can have several tabs open to on the note 2
Yes you can.
pablo7 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:27 PM   #23
WOLFITZ
macrumors newbie

Ok I didn't read everyone's posts but here's my opinion I had the note 2 for 39 days and I've got the 5 now the note 2 is an amazing phone battery was amazing, I miss this most of all and am disappointed in apple in this field. Now I've had iphone 3,4, and now 5, EVO, photon, blackberry bold, and others as well, but I have a disease where I have to have the latest phone. Anyway the Note 2 does so much but I found that I didn't use those things unless showing it off. Now that I have a iphone again I don't miss the big screen and big phone it feels good texting I don't have to mess with samsungs stupid keyboard, but the battery life is the only thing I miss
WOLFITZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:01 PM   #24
setty7
macrumors member

im stuck between the N2 and the I5. I dont like how you cant put the N2 in your pocket comfotably. I also think the I5 screen could be a little bigger. The note's screen is nice and big on the other hand. Im sub'd for this thread for sure.
setty7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:18 PM   #25
bsurb
macrumors member

should i stay away from rooted phones??

one dude who wants to trade says its rooted.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices