Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I don't know if its an illusion but with lagging I mean its noticeable but its not keeping you from viewing the next page. It's really bothering me .

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Only when I'm downloading/updating applications. Otherwise, smooth as butter. No page breaks whatsoever.

Guys , I get it if you swipe from bottom left to bottom right but if you swipe across top right corner diagonally to bottom left you will notice what I'm talking about .

Also not to mention when the screen turns itself off if you scroll REALLY REALLY fast then you will notice that it will stop after you scroll for 10 sec.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
Guys , I get it if you swipe from bottom left to bottom right but if you swipe across top right corner diagonally to bottom left you will notice what I'm talking about .

Also not to mention when the screen turns itself off if you scroll REALLY REALLY fast then you will notice that it will stop after you scroll for 10 sec.

Have you talked to anyone at Apple's genius bar? Sounds like something could be wrong with your device. I've never heard of anyone's screen shutting off due to fast page scrolling.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Have you talked to anyone at Apple's genius bar? Sounds like something could be wrong with your device. I've never heard of anyone's screen shutting off due to fast page scrolling.

It's not shutting down it stops responding for a second before you can continue scrolling . I can assure you this is happening to your device as well.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
YES! I thought it was just my phone! It only happens occasionally and only when trying to swipe back n forth on the home screen.

Now try swipe it from the lower (between the taskbar and other appicons there is a little space) screen to the right lower screen. You will notice its much smoother.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago

If you're scrolling REALL REALLY fast when the 'screen turns itself off', i'd say you've got bigger issues than lag. thats just weird.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I've noticed it on occasion on my 5, but VERY rarely. Like not even once a week.

But I would liken it more to a freeze then a lag as it lasts a good second or two.

Marrakas

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2012

are you guys deliberately trying to find things to get annoyed over with your phones?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.