Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:25 PM   #1
SunnyRenegade33
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to SunnyRenegade33
Do iPhones come with 1 year of Apple Care free?

I heard somewhere that if you purchase an iPhone in the Apple store specifically that it comes with 1 full year of free Apple Care, can anyone confirm this?

This includes: iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:32 PM   #2
wordoflife
macrumors 604

Yes.
However, it does not have the features of AppleCare+, which has a $50 deductible to get a new phone if you destroy your phone. You'll have to pay roughly over 200 bucks.
wordoflife is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:42 PM   #3
FixBrokeni
macrumors member

One thing to note - if you decide you want AppleCare+ after your purchase, you have up to 30 days to purchase the service. It costs $100
FixBrokeni is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:10 AM   #4
John T
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixBrokeni View Post
One thing to note - if you decide you want AppleCare+ after your purchase, you have up to 30 days to purchase the service. It costs $100
Don't forget that this is also subject to a physical examination of the phone at an Apple store.
John T is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:00 PM   #5
FixBrokeni
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John T View Post
Don't forget that this is also subject to a physical examination of the phone at an Apple store.
Yes of course, don't smash your iPhone and THEN try to purchase AppleCare! It's best to purchase it from the start and know that if you have any problems, Apple will be there to take care of you.

Our iPhones are expensive devices, it's always best to have them covered!
FixBrokeni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:20 PM   #6
Ladybug
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I just added AppleCare + to 2 new iPhones today, over the phone. What they did was send a diagnostic to both phones to make sure they were not damaged (assume water damage was what they were checking). The whole process was fairly easy and they didn't require me to bring them in. Nearest Apple Store is about 60+ miles away so that wasn't an option. Just thought I'd mention this, someone might find it useful.
Ladybug is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:23 PM   #7
Baggio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I saw a guy in the Apple store with a cracked screen on his iPhone 5 and the Genius offered him AppleCare+ for $99 + $50 deductible instead of the standard $225 or whatever it is to replace the phone.
Baggio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:32 PM   #8
aristobrat
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggio View Post
I saw a guy in the Apple store with a cracked screen on his iPhone 5 and the Genius offered him AppleCare+ for $99 + $50 deductible instead of the standard $225 or whatever it is to replace the phone.
Yeah, you'll frequently read of Geniuses and managers occasionally going above and beyond the normal policies.

It's just that you can't depend on that.
aristobrat is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:42 PM   #9
mikeydeezy
macrumors 6502a

(The fact you are on this forum speaks that you most likely won't need to take advantage of this.)

You'll only have 90 days of tech support instead of the two-years if you don't purchase the AppleCare+.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone