Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:11 PM   #1
JI7
macrumors newbie

Windows 7 on Mac Pro 1.1 with ATI Radeon 5770 HD

I recently upgraded my Nvidia 7300 in my Mac Pro 1.1 to the ATI Radeon 5770 HD. It works like a champ - I can finally play Bioshock with graphics set to high. Anyway, I noticed that when I watch content on Netflix that it is very jumpy (unwatchable really). This is only when it plays in a small window but it works perfectly when I maximise the video to full screen mode. Anyone know why it does this? Is it something that can be resolved or just some incompatibility with the Mac Pro 1.1?

I also run Windows 7 via bootcamp on my Mac Pro 1.1. After downloading the Bootcamp drivers everything works fine but the desktop does not fill the screen. Instead there is a black border perhaps 1/2 inch around the desktop. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to fix this? I originally downloaded and installed the CCC and drivers for Windows 7 but this didn't work and the system wouldn't even detect the card - it was still displaying the Nvidia card for some reason so I got rid and downloaded and installed the ones for Bootcamp even though it specified that they were for Mac Pros from 2007 on and I believe the 1.1 is from 2006. Any help would be much appreciated.
JI7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:33 PM   #2
JI7
macrumors newbie

Okay, nevermind about the issue with the desktop displaying smaller than the screen when running in Windows 7 because I just had a play around with my settings and discovered the solution - GPU scaling needed switching on and then adjusting.
JI7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help