Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

air23cary

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2004
This is how I envision my setup to be, just need to know for sure that it will work.

Two computers - one mini and one MBA, each connected to a separate display. I am planning to run Windows only on the mini. I want to hook up an Apple wired keyboard and magic trackpad to the MBA, but I want the keyboard/trackpad to work for the mini as well. I have heard of a program called Synergy that allows you to do this. Does it really work? Does it seem like the displays are connected? Will it still work despite the difference in OS?

mwhities

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2011
Mississippi
This is how I envision my setup to be, just need to know for sure that it will work.

Two computers - one mini and one MBA, each connected to a separate display. I am planning to run Windows only on the mini. I want to hook up an Apple wired keyboard and magic trackpad to the MBA, but I want the keyboard/trackpad to work for the mini as well. I have heard of a program called Synergy that allows you to do this. Does it really work? Does it seem like the displays are connected? Will it still work despite the difference in OS?

Yes, it will work. At the office, I had my 2011 mac mini, Macbook, and a Windows laptop all running Synergy.

Now at home, I just use ScreenShare to connect to my 2010 mac mini to my 2010 Macbook.

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.