Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:02 PM   #1
speekez
macrumors 6502

Iphone5 : purple/grey colors, then crash/restart?

Hello

I have a Iphone 5 16gb that has been randomly crashing: the screen first goes strange with purple & gray (almost like the display is on the fritz.) This last about a second, two at most, and then the phone goes black and restarts.

I just tried a complete erase & restore from iCloud -- twice. Both times, the phone crashed with these symptoms just before I was about to enter my iCloud ID/password.

I am a few days shy of 30 day return window. Any other suggestions or has these symptoms been reported before? I am suspecting a hardware glitch vs. software.

thanks for any input
speekez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 08:41 AM   #2
speekez
macrumors 6502

Well looks like these crashes are registering as a panic.plist in crash log. From what I've read about panic.plist sounds like might need to have unit replaced.
speekez is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone