Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:56 AM   #1
rahul247rocks
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to rahul247rocks
Question zaggkeys proplus vs Logitech Ultra Thin: Whcich one to choose for iPad?

Hey Guys,
I am planning to buy a external keyboard for my iPad 3. I am a blogger and my main purpose is to write in places like coffee shops, food courts etc. I will be using iA Writer for writing. I am confused between these two models. Which one to go for? And Why do you say so?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:28 AM   #2
clyde2801
macrumors 601

Have the logitech, it came out first. Doesn't appear to be much of a difference, other than the proplus backlit keyboard, which-while it would shorten battery life-looks rather sweet.

Like my logitech, but I wish they'd include stronger magnets on the rail that attaches to the pad.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:37 AM   #3
DollaTwentyFive
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul247rocks View Post
Hey Guys,
I am planning to buy a external keyboard for my iPad 3. I am a blogger and my main purpose is to write in places like coffee shops, food courts etc. I will be using iA Writer for writing. I am confused between these two models. Which one to go for? And Why do you say so?
I purchased the Zagg a couple weeks ago and am absolutely loving it. Really good construction. The iPad is sturdy in the slot. They keyboard is at least as good as on my laptop. Backlighting is awesome.

I have gradually shifted into making my ipad my portable machine and the keyboard was a huge leap forward for that.

Also - not sure if it is going on still, but at the time if you spent more than $100 on the Zagg site, they gave you $50 in gift cards. So I ended up getting a Zaggsparq for "free."
DollaTwentyFive is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:30 AM   #4
jtrascap
macrumors newbie

Send a message via ICQ to jtrascap
Beware the keyboard layouts on the Logitech

So they're the same thickness and build quality..are the magnets near the same?

I bought the Logitech last fall but returned it. I'm living in The Netherlands but the European keyboard versions feature a ridiculously small left shift key (slightly smaller than the command key if I recall) - it's not the US keyboard layout (with 2 wider, proper shift keys) you'll see on the box OR on their website. I tried to use it but as Shift for me is always done with that smaller key, it was too annoying.

I'm tempted to buy the Zagg just for the wider keyboard layout.
jtrascap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:01 AM   #5
maxosx
macrumors 68020

I have both. There's a huge difference with the ZAGG PROplus being far superior in every way. I read a very favorable review of the ZAGG in a writers blog which influenced me to buy one.

Its so much better than anything else I've used its nearly unbelievable. Fit & finish are as good as Apples'. Even using the backlight for the keys constantly, battery life is outstanding.
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:31 AM   #6
jtrascap
macrumors newbie

Send a message via ICQ to jtrascap
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm also looking at the new version of the PROfolio plus, which looks essentially like the same keyboard in a case with a backshield. Not sure if I'll go with that or the ZAGGkeys Pro+ (they don't make it easy with all the variants) but at least now I'm more confident with purchasing a ZAGG product.

Last edited by jtrascap; Jan 19, 2013 at 05:40 AM.
jtrascap is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Tags
ipad keyboard