Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:40 AM   #1
ericrwalker
Banned

Walmart has iTunes $50 eGift Card for $40

I am down to my last $0.86, time to get a couple of these.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Email-Deli...-Card/17753320
ericrwalker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:01 AM   #2
scott523
macrumors 6502a

I bought four of them and I've run into problems completing the transaction with no idea how to resolve and/or to spread the word out?

I discovered that the emailed codes are not reaching iCloud inboxes after multiple attempts. Even attempting to manually resend the codes wouldn't work. It's been a couple days since the purchase, no email received except the order confirmations from Walmart.com.

To prove it, I placed another order for the code to send it to my GMail inbox. The code arrived within 20 minutes and resending the code manually also arrived within seconds of the request.

With that said, if you're using an iCloud address to purchase, you have been warned.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this and spread the word? I'm considering on making a video since the nature of this transaction is hard to believe.
scott523 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:29 PM   #3
jetjaguar
macrumors 68000

i have tried to buy two a bunch of times and the orders always end up being cancelled by walmart
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:54 PM   #4
ericrwalker
Banned

I guess I am lucky. Bought one and had it in less than ten minutes.
ericrwalker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:18 PM   #5
musicpenguy
macrumors 6502a

Bought 4 of these Wednesday morning - it is now Saturday and they were "emailed" on Wednesday but still have not made it to my inbox.

Walmart Customer Support is of no help - this has been one major headache - in the end not worth the pain it is of not knowing what is going on - email is supposed to be instant - Walmart clearly is a brick and mortar company trying to be digital.

When I called support they said oh this shipped already and oh go to this email address when they wanted me to go to a WWW address.

This is my first and last time buying digital goods from Walmart - one of the worst buying experiences I've had in a long long time.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott523 View Post
I bought four of them and I've run into problems completing the transaction with no idea how to resolve and/or to spread the word out?

I discovered that the emailed codes are not reaching iCloud inboxes after multiple attempts. Even attempting to manually resend the codes wouldn't work. It's been a couple days since the purchase, no email received except the order confirmations from Walmart.com.

To prove it, I placed another order for the code to send it to my GMail inbox. The code arrived within 20 minutes and resending the code manually also arrived within seconds of the request.

With that said, if you're using an iCloud address to purchase, you have been warned.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this and spread the word? I'm considering on making a video since the nature of this transaction is hard to believe.
This has been a total nightmare - Walmart can't even send emails properly - called both Walmart and Apple's support team - been on the phone for far too many hours - I ordered Wednesday - and have not received them yet - @me.com address of course - ordered a new one on Friday to test out the Gmail theory - didn't get that yet - says emailed but delivers on Monday - which is a very odd thing - as email is instant
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:28 PM   #6
jetjaguar
macrumors 68000

Bestbuy currently has a 20% off all the iTunes cards
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:39 PM   #7
trunkster
macrumors member

Had this issue too. But luckily I usually use my gmail account and forward my emails to my iCloud account. Found it in my deleted folder. I wonder if it's Walmarts or Apples problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicpenguy View Post
Bought 4 of these Wednesday morning - it is now Saturday and they were "emailed" on Wednesday but still have not made it to my inbox.

Walmart Customer Support is of no help - this has been one major headache - in the end not worth the pain it is of not knowing what is going on - email is supposed to be instant - Walmart clearly is a brick and mortar company trying to be digital.

When I called support they said oh this shipped already and oh go to this email address when they wanted me to go to a WWW address.

This is my first and last time buying digital goods from Walmart - one of the worst buying experiences I've had in a long long time.

----------

This has been a total nightmare - Walmart can't even send emails properly - called both Walmart and Apple's support team - been on the phone for far too many hours - I ordered Wednesday - and have not received them yet - @me.com address of course - ordered a new one on Friday to test out the Gmail theory - didn't get that yet - says emailed but delivers on Monday - which is a very odd thing - as email is instant
trunkster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:49 PM   #8
Spink10
macrumors 68030

Walmart says its only valid for 1 - you may get more through. But if your order gets cancelled it is because they detected a duplicate and canceled order.
Spink10 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 04:20 PM   #9
musicpenguy
macrumors 6502a

I called up both Walmart and Apple - my four gift cards are all marked as delivered and sent. No issues on their end.

Apple has a senior iCloud email engineer verifying that the Walmart email isn't on their system spam filter - a filter which is above what users have control over.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:59 AM   #10
scott523
macrumors 6502a

The email problems appears to have been resolved overnight. The codes I have requested to be resent (30 times) arrived in my iCloud inbox all within 30 minutes in 5 instances. Would that mean it was iCloud's fault all along?
scott523 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:39 PM   #11
musicpenguy
macrumors 6502a

No it means your resend requests where simply added to Walmart's Outbox queue and finally got sent - mine all arrived in one big batch Sunday morning - but it is a Walmart issue - make no mistake about it - they may do something so silly as prefer to send Gmail orders first or something weird like that but email is email - it sends or it doesn't.

I even called Apple's support team and they double checked they weren't blocking Walmart's email address that sends the gift cards - and they don't most definitely a WMart issue.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 03:29 PM   #12
scott523
macrumors 6502a

I take that back, Walmart has not fixed the email issue. From the looks of the previous orders I placed, they remain to delay all orders placed with iCloud email addresses by about 4 days.

I placed another order today and Walmart's digital delivery systems claims the code has been sent when there's nothing in the inbox. Attempting to request a code resend failed.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:17 PM   #13
musicpenguy
macrumors 6502a

You'll get everything at once - all resend requests will come in at the same time the others do - yea 4 day turn around is about right - I would recommend Best Buy if you want a good experience.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:22 PM   #14
einmusiker
macrumors 68030

ThanKs man! Just placed an order hopefully it doesnt get cancelled. I ordered 2
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:40 PM   #15
einmusiker
macrumors 68030

Codes were juSt delivered to my gmail. Thanks again
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:27 PM   #16
scott523
macrumors 6502a

To conclude this issue, it seems Walmart's digital delivery system is partly fixed at the moment and safe to use. Whether or not Walmart will get to the bottom of this is anyone's guess.

It remains to be unable (for the past 6 months) to send the original automated email of the code to iCloud customers. However, the resend code feature is functioning properly, receiving them within seconds of the request, regardless of domain.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice