Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:19 PM   #1
silvercircle
macrumors member

Image on NSButtons not displaying @2x variants

I created images twice the size of that standard images to put on my buttons, and I named them "name@2x.png". I create my dialog with interface builder and set the image to use name.png.

When I try this with a small test project, the high rez images are used when I move the dialog to a scaled HiDPI monitor.

With my larger project, it simply won't work, the low res images are always used, but Images I on a toolbar in the same program do switch between high rez and low rez. So, it's not because I use the Display Manger or Carbon or Quickdraw because in that case the toolbar images would also not work.

What could be the reason for this? I tried everything I could think of.
silvercircle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:23 PM   #2
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercircle View Post
I created images twice the size of that standard images to put on my buttons, and I named them "name@2x.png". I create my dialog with interface builder and set the image to use name.png.

When I try this with a small test project, the high rez images are used when I move the dialog to a scaled HiDPI monitor.

With my larger project, it simply won't work, the low res images are always used, but Images I on a toolbar in the same program do switch between high rez and low rez. So, it's not because I use the Display Manger or Carbon or Quickdraw because in that case the toolbar images would also not work.

What could be the reason for this? I tried everything I could think of.
The image name must not include the ".png" suffix. "name.png" will load "name.png". Always. Plain "name" will load the most suitable image that starts with "name". for example "name@2x.png". Same if you use "imageNamed" in code.
gnasher729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:25 AM   #3
silvercircle
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnasher729 View Post
The image name must not include the ".png" suffix. "name.png" will load "name.png". Always. Plain "name" will load the most suitable image that starts with "name". for example "name@2x.png". Same if you use "imageNamed" in code.
Thanks, this fixed it. I just selected the file name Interface Builder presented in the popup.
You saved me a lot of time!

Happy holidays.
silvercircle is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Tags
@2x not showing, retina display