Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:02 PM   #1
MacAPOL
macrumors member

My First iPhone (From Android User)

Hello everyone, i'm finally decided to buy my first iPhone, it will be iPhone 5 32gb White one. I'm switching from Samsung Galaxy S3.

The thing is, the S3 is really amazing, Android hands down, the best mobile OS (in my opinion).
BUT (there is always a but), the industrial design and the feel is not really good. The first time i grabbed the S3 was okey, but when i put the iPhone on my hand it was amazing, super light and the design and quality was stupidly amazing.

So right now i'm waiting till a couple of weeks to buy it. I'm really anxious but there is something that worries me.
The bending issue. I dont care so much for scuffs cause thats normal, but i investigated and saw lots of people posting that issue, also youtube videos. The thing is where the ******* i'm suppose to put my smartphone when walking...in my ass? No in my pocket!
So thats the question to you guys:

Where do you put your iPhones when walking, sitting, etc, and do you have any bending issue?

Thanks, MACAPOL.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:09 PM   #2
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

No comment on bend-gate.

I will just say if you wear tight pants, just put in in your breasts' pocket, and this goes to ANY phone.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:26 PM   #3
///M Powah
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobb View Post
No comment on bend-gate.

I will just say if you wear tight pants, just put in in your breasts' pocket, and this goes to ANY phone.
No, it will fall out. I highly recommend a vertical or horizontal pouch for the iPhone 5.

Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:30 PM   #4
Dave.UK
macrumors 65816

Yup, I recommend you buy the above case for your iphone 5 as recommended.

Although the last 6 months as a UK Custom Officer with the S3 in my pocketr I have suffered no issues.
Dave.UK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 07:21 PM   #5
Mr. Buzzcut
macrumors 6502

I don't have a 5 yet but I've tried to bend store display models. With considerable force, there was no flex.

My opinion is people experiencing issues are being careless. The difference with aluminum is it won't bend back after being forcefully flexed. Steel, glass, and plastic will. This "problem" is compounded by the semi-boxed unibody design. The sides make it stiffer but also prevent any recovery from being flexed too much.

You may want to think more about your decision. At some point, you will want to actually use the phone and it will be important to have an OS that you like. Spend a little time with iOS if you can to make sure it's going to work for you.
Mr. Buzzcut is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone