Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:14 PM   #1
Iphone4sinwhite
macrumors 6502

Can I share/transfer apps between 4s and mini?

Can apps purchased on my 4s be used on the my wife's mini without repurchasing them? Do I need to use my apple id when turning on the iPad for the first time in order to transfer the apps? Will she later be able to set up her own apple id and use it on the mini?
Iphone4sinwhite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:22 PM   #2
Batavian
macrumors 6502

If you set up your wife's Mini under your Apple ID, then yes, apps purchased on one device will be available on the other. If you set up a new Apple ID for your wife's device, then no.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:49 PM   #3
Pharmscott
macrumors 6502a

Yes you can share and no, you don't need to use the same Apple ID. My wife and I share apps all the time this way.

You just have to authorize the Mini with your iTunes ID. You can authorize up to 5 devices this way and share all purchased content (apps, music). Once authorized, just copy the .IPA files over or use Home Sharing.

It's legit and not stealing. More details here:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1423675
Pharmscott is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad