Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:49 PM   #1
JoelBC
macrumors 6502

Mac App Store Ergonomics...

I have the App Store application open on my desktop...I am looking at the list of purchased apps and have two questions:

1. The apps are ordered by purchase date...is there a way to order the apps via name as this would be much more useful (at least for me).

2. The list is not complete in that I have purchased Montain Lion yet this does NOT appear in the list.

3. There a few apps that appear that I no longer use and therefore no longer need to see...there is the ability to hide these but how does one unhide these as this is not clear to me.

Thanks in advance for the help...

Joel
JoelBC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:04 PM   #2
Spink10
macrumors 68020

App Store - Featured tab - Account (under quick links) - Hidden Purchases - Unhide Mountain Lion. ETC
Spink10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:13 PM   #3
JoelBC
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink10 View Post
App Store - Featured tab - Account (under quick links) - Hidden Purchases - Unhide Mountain Lion. ETC
But therein lies the problem because when I get to the account page there is option for hidden purchases...
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:21 PM   #4
charlieegan3
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelBC View Post
3. There a few apps that appear that I no longer use and therefore no longer need to see...there is the ability to hide these but how does one unhide these as this is not clear to me. l
Right click and hide purchase.

I don't think you can sort the purchases.

There are many issues with the app store - It has such potential but just little things like the lack of filters and sorts make it a real pain. I covered my main critisms here if you're interested.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:23 PM   #5
JoelBC
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieegan3 View Post
Right click and hide purchase.

I don't think you can sort the purchases.

There are many issues with the app store - It has such potential but just little things like the lack of filters and sorts make it a real pain. I covered my main critisms here if you're interested.
Thanks...in response:

1. I have hidden one application and can now see the "option" on the account page so this must mean that ML has somehow disappeared...time to call Apple to sort this out...arrrrrrrrrrrggggg!

2. I agree, there is a lot of room for improvement in the app store....it is dreadful...

Thanks for the help....

Joel
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:31 PM   #6
charlieegan3
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Thanks...in response:

1. I have hidden one application and can now see the "option" on the account page so this must mean that ML has somehow disappeared...time to call Apple to sort this out...arrrrrrrrrrrggggg!

2. I agree, there is a lot of room for improvement in the app store....it is dreadful...

Thanks for the help....

Joel
Not a problem, good luck getting Mountain Lion back.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:02 PM   #7
Spink10
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Thanks...in response:

Thanks for the help....

Joel
You have already purchased Mountain Lion on that Apple ID? Not on a different one or purchased Mac used?
Spink10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:54 PM   #8
JoelBC
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink10 View Post
You have already purchased Mountain Lion on that Apple ID? Not on a different one or purchased Mac used?
Correct...

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store