Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:41 PM   #1
kriista1234
macrumors regular

Blue autocorrect driving me crazy... (mail.app)

Does anyone know what the blue autocorrect stuff is in mail.app? It's different from the dotted red line system wide spellcheck stuff. I can turn that off but the blue thing still happens.

It seems to have the same library/logic as the iOS autocorrect (it even gives the same 'click this arrow to not correct' icon).

Unlike the red autocorrect which lets you misspell unique works (and it just underlines them) the blue one gobbles up and autocorrects everything.

Another weird thing is that it only shows up on my laptop, but not on my desktop (both running the same (latest) version of mountain lion).
kriista1234 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:54 AM   #2
kriista1234
macrumors regular

Don't suppose our brush with mayan apocalypse gave anyone any insight into this?
kriista1234 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:56 AM   #3
swiftaw
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriista1234 View Post
Don't suppose our brush with mayan apocalypse gave anyone any insight into this?
System Preferences->Language & Text->Text->Correct spelling automatically
swiftaw is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store