Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

APPLENEWBIE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006
The high desert, USA
I AM BAFFLED. I must be stupid....

I understand that for on iTunes account, I can use it on, I think, 5 "computers" and 10 "devices."

Right now I have two computers, two iPhones and one iPad 'authorized." Thats, it. It will not allow me to add any more computers (i.e. Macs.)

Would/can somebody please tell me how this actually works? How many computers (ie macs) and how many ios devices can I use on one iTunes account?

Many thanks!

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Have you got rid of any your old computers and forgot to deauthorise them from your iTunes account?

This page explains how to reset your iTunes account by deauthorising all the computers linked to it.

APPLENEWBIE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006
The high desert, USA
Have you got rid of any your old computers and forgot to deauthorise them from your iTunes account?

This page explains how to reset your iTunes account by deauthorising all the computers linked to it.

Thanks for responding! Myitunes account info shows only the two macs, two iphones and one ipad. Is it possible that other, older computers are somehow still registered? ALso, on the itunes account page, it gives only the option to deauthorize each computer shown individually.

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
I had a similar problem. I've been good about deauthorizing computers when getting rid of them but my authorizations count was still 5. I just chose deauthorize all then re-authorized the two that I actually use. Only takes a minute then, problem solved.

APPLENEWBIE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006
The high desert, USA
I think I've got it. Was able to deauthorize all, reauthorize two, and now it does show 2 computers and three "devices." Good to go. I didn't realize that you could "bulk" deauthorize... Thanks all

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.