Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

probuild521

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
I know the scroll lag has been discussed some but i'm still have lots of issues with it. I'm running 10.8.2 and scrolling through sites in incredible choppy on both the integrated and dedicated card. Running bootcamp with windows 7 has none of this scroll lag. Furthermore, I'll commonly be typing and it will lag back several words before they appear on the screen. Is there some sort of update I'm missing or why is the user experience so incredible awful.

Any thoughts?

Sean

noiseordinance

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2012
I know the scroll lag has been discussed some but i'm still have lots of issues with it. I'm running 10.8.2 and scrolling through sites in incredible choppy on both the integrated and dedicated card. Running bootcamp with windows 7 has none of this scroll lag. Furthermore, I'll commonly be typing and it will lag back several words before they appear on the screen. Is there some sort of update I'm missing or why is the user experience so incredible awful.

Any thoughts?

Sean

Unfortunately Safari is brutally plagued with bugs on the rMBP. I've seen major anomalies on 4 different units. These include text delay / errors when typing in text boxes, large white blocks of missing data (especially in GMail, but also on other major websites), gifs load erroneously, going back a page yields a white screen that must be reloaded, etc. People will recommend using the webkit to fix the scroll lag, but it won't fix the other problems. Try to reset Safari for a temporary fix and pray that Apple gets on this atrocious issue someday. Here's a 6-month old link for more info:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4145775?start=0&tstart=0

probuild521

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
Unfortunately Safari is brutally plagued with bugs on the rMBP. I've seen major anomalies on 4 different units. These include text delay / errors when typing in text boxes, large white blocks of missing data (especially in GMail, but also on other major websites), gifs load erroneously, going back a page yields a white screen that must be reloaded, etc. People will recommend using the webkit to fix the scroll lag, but it won't fix the other problems. Try to reset Safari for a temporary fix and pray that Apple gets on this atrocious issue someday. Here's a 6-month old link for more info:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4145775?start=0&tstart=0

The webkit seems to help a ton, would be really nice if apple would do an official update. How can I go about checking FPS of the webpage scrolling?

ob81

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
The webkit seems to help a ton, would be really nice if apple would do an official update. How can I go about checking FPS of the webpage scrolling?

Don't check the FPS, just use it. If it doesn't feel right, take it to the store. If it feels right, leave it alone. A lot of issues really don't exist unless manufactured. You said the WebKit helped a ton. Enjoy your rMBP.

probuild521

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
Don't check the FPS, just use it. If it doesn't feel right, take it to the store. If it feels right, leave it alone. A lot of issues really don't exist unless manufactured. You said the WebKit helped a ton. Enjoy your rMBP.

Haha, I agree. I'm just curious for my own knowledge at what point I deem it "acceptable" which is why I asked about who to check FPS.

So...anyone know how to check it?

probuild521

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
So even with the webkit the typing lag is still unbearable. Specifically in gmail. Any thing to fix this?

TweakOnline

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2012
Europe
I got both problems on my 15'' retina MacBook Pro.

But it only exists when I zoom into my Safari web browser.

Does anyone has another fix, except the Webkit program?

Btw, I'm running OS X 10.8.3 since I thought maybe this version of OS X would fix this problem. But no, it didn't. I got this problem since OS X 10.8.1 (I've never tested 10.8).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.