Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:17 AM   #1
miragebg
macrumors 6502

Your advice about getting iP5..

Guys,
I have 4S in perfect visual and working condition with AppleCare until 09.12.13.
I am still under heavy consideration what to do, so I need a bit of your help and opinions.
I have read that 5S is coming sooner than expected (may be before the summer?), so what is smarter decision - to get 5 now and sell my 4S or wait until 5S appears and buy it. I wouldn't be as much doubted as if this consideration was happening two months ago, but now which move is worthier?
miragebg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:47 AM   #2
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

I'd keep the 4S. I don't always have to have the latest and greatest, and to me there really isn't a big enough difference to warrant going to the 5.
ucfgrad93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:51 AM   #3
SnowLeopard OSX
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by miragebg View Post
Guys,
I have 4S in perfect visual and working condition with AppleCare until 09.12.13.
I am still under heavy consideration what to do, so I need a bit of your help and opinions.
I have read that 5S is coming sooner than expected (may be before the summer?), so what is smarter decision - to get 5 now and sell my 4S or wait until 5S appears and buy it. I wouldn't be as much doubted as if this consideration was happening two months ago, but now which move is worthier?
Keep the 4S - I've heard a lot of complaints about it. Things ranging from bending, to scratching, to wi-fi/battery issues. You're better off purchasing the iPhone 5S when that rolls around -- by then, Apple will have had enough time to smooth out all of the problems people have been experiencing with the first phone.
iPhone |4S White/16GB/ iOS 7.0|3G White/16GB iOS 8.0
SnowLeopard OSX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:09 PM   #4
Zerilos
macrumors 6502a

I'd keep the 4s also. I have't had any sort of negative experience with the 5, but the 4s is perfectly adequate until the 5s is released.
Zerilos is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:24 PM   #5
inselstudent
macrumors 6502a

My brother just upgraded from his 4S to a 5 and he says it wasn't really worth it. The 5 seems to be just as fast as the 4S, at least for the stuff he does on his mobile, which is mainly Facebook, some browsing, music, texting and calls.

I, for one, still use my 4 and the features on the newer iPhones so far haven't been able to convince me that I need a newer one.
inselstudent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:40 PM   #6
Dr Sam Beckett
Banned

just depends on what you use your phone for. i for one. ..love my iphone 5.. you dont see much performance increase other than LTE..which i have true unlimited with VZW and unlimited tethering..so that alone is worth it to me for an unlimited mobile 50 mbps connection... I love the new form factor.. much lighter and thinner but thats about it.

So if the above arent important.. then just wait for the 5s or 6
Dr Sam Beckett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:43 PM   #7
JayLenochiniMac
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard OSX View Post
Keep the 4S - I've heard a lot of complaints about it. Things ranging from bending, to scratching, to wi-fi/battery issues. You're better off purchasing the iPhone 5S when that rolls around -- by then, Apple will have had enough time to smooth out all of the problems people have been experiencing with the first phone.
You'll hear a lot of complaints about the iPhone 5S ranging from bending, to scratching, to wi-fi battery issues, only because they're over-amplified here
JayLenochiniMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:23 PM   #8
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by miragebg View Post
I wouldn't be as much doubted as if this consideration was happening two months ago, but now which move is worthier?
Exactly. The novelty has worn off. 10 kids in your block already have one, so... unless there is a MUST-HAVE feature to you, or ur not happy with 4s, why?
Mrbobb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:25 PM   #9
Zerilos
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLenochiniMac View Post
You'll hear a lot of complaints about the iPhone 5S ranging from bending, to scratching, to wi-fi battery issues, only because they're over-amplified here
True. Same thing with every previous iPhone. Understandably, people are more likely to express their issues with the product here than their lack of issues.
Zerilos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:56 PM   #10
techluvr
macrumors regular

-Screen
-Design
-Speed

If you can live without those, you're good.
techluvr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:08 PM   #11
miragebg
macrumors 6502

Thank you all , guys!
I will most probably keep my 4S and will wait to see what 5S brings up..
Of course, by this time if there is some irresistible attractive offer for my beloved 4S, I will take an advantage of it.
Thank you all one more time!
miragebg is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone