Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewishMacGuy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
Is anyone else experiencing this rendering problem (see attached photo)? It happens to me everyday on a variety of different websites with no common theme that I can tell. To correct it I have to restart the browser and after an indeterminate period of browsing it will happen again.

What you see in the photo tends to happen more on shopping websites (particularly Amazon.com), whereas on other websites buttons and dropdown menus will be empty or just not work.

This has been happening ever since I upgraded to Firefox 16, on multiple computers. I have tried (clean) re-installing and nothing seems to work. This doesn't happen with Safari or Opera on the same systems with the same plug-ins. The only thing I've changed in about:config is the tabs on top view, as I can't stand that view.

Any ideas at all?

Screen Shot 2012-12-22 at 11.17.36 AM.png

NewishMacGuy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
OK, so I tried a cold reset via the Help Menu, but I can't see how this would differ from a clean install. Hopefully it'll work, but we'll see. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

---

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I had this happen before. The cause may be any number of things: network timeouts, resource load failures, problems on the server, a custom stylesheet.

NewishMacGuy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
I had this happen before. The cause may be any number of things: network timeouts, resource load failures, problems on the server, a custom stylesheet.

Has it happened just once or twice? I get these and other errors all the time now, sometimes several times a day. And I get "could not load the page" errors a lot too. What's going on?

---

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Has it happened just once or twice? I get these and other errors all the time now, sometimes several times a day. And I get "could not load the page" errors a lot too. What's going on?

---
Yes, it was just once. The cause was a resource load failure - in this case, the style sheets used by the site were not loading properly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.