Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

animefx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Illinois
i was wondering if any 12" ibook owners (the current or one older model) have tried to run any of the h.264 HD video with the new quicktime from apples site? i know that the screen and video card isn't capable of 1080p, but i would like to be able to run 720p video on a 12" ibook if the it can handle it (at 24 fps or higher)

maddav

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2004
Manchester, UK
I've got a 14" iBook (same resolution and graphics card) and they don't run well at all, they work alright in parts, but then they just freeze up.
I have managed to get one or two working properly, but for the most part they're not really watchable.

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
animefx said:
i was wondering if any 12" ibook owners (the current or one older model) have tried to run any of the h.264 HD video with the new quicktime from apples site? i know that the screen and video card isn't capable of 1080p, but i would like to be able to run 720p video on a 12" ibook if the it can handle it (at 24 fps or higher)
I just tried the "Walking on the moon" movie trailer. Worked fine.....only stalls if your network is still downloading data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.