Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:48 AM   #1
fenjen
macrumors 6502

Dead or "weak" pixel?

So I've got my 5th Mini by now as the others had dust under the screen and my first one had a tint. This one is almost okay, execpt for this really small grey dot. I don't know if it's a dead pixel as it is not black but grey (maybe it's still illuminated by pixels around it?).
Anyway, as I've had much issues with getting a good one I really don't know if I should take it back again. To most people it's not even that apparent but I can still see it and it annoyes the crap out of me when I do.

The strange thing is though, that when I zoom in on a picture I made of it or look at it trough a magnifier, I can't really identify which one it is anymore. So does anybody know what it could be? I'm 99% certain it is not a particle of dust as that would be visible when the screen is off.

So anyway, what do you guys say. Should I take it back again?
fenjen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:33 PM   #2
lyngo
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenjen View Post
So I've got my 5th Mini by now as the others had dust under the screen and my first one had a tint. This one is almost okay, execpt for this really small grey dot. I don't know if it's a dead pixel as it is not black but grey (maybe it's still illuminated by pixels around it?).
Anyway, as I've had much issues with getting a good one I really don't know if I should take it back again. To most people it's not even that apparent but I can still see it and it annoyes the crap out of me when I do.

The strange thing is though, that when I zoom in on a picture I made of it or look at it trough a magnifier, I can't really identify which one it is anymore. So does anybody know what it could be? I'm 99% certain it is not a particle of dust as that would be visible when the screen is off.

So anyway, what do you guys say. Should I take it back again?
Yup. I went through 4 ipad 3s because of dead pixels, dust, tinting, and a fold in the screen under the glass. That as weird. So... Yes. Open in store and check there, save yourself the gas.
lyngo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:46 PM   #3
SnowLeopard OSX
macrumors 6502a

Could be dust, could be a dead pixel -- kind of hard to tell without a picture of some sort. If it really bothers you that much, I'd suggest returning it and continuing to return it until you find a flawless iPad mini.
iPhone |4S White/16GB/ iOS 7.0|3G White/16GB iOS 8.0
SnowLeopard OSX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:03 PM   #4
fenjen
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyngo View Post
Yup. I went through 4 ipad 3s because of dead pixels, dust, tinting, and a fold in the screen under the glass. That as weird. So... Yes. Open in store and check there, save yourself the gas.
Wel yeah I checked it in the store but I didn't see it then.
fenjen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 04:46 PM   #5
wrkactjob
Banned

A "weak" pixel! Lol! Take it back to the Apple store I dare you, can you get someone to film it and post to You Tube? I want to watch the assistant try to keep a straight face when you come out with your weak pixel that you have trouble seeing under a magnifier.
wrkactjob is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad