Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

als88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
I want to create an account for the UK app/itunes store. Anyone done something similar? As far as i know u need a credit card to register an apple ID. Or could i just buy the iTunes gift card and use it without an ID

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
It is technically possible; you can enter NONE as credit card. you still need to enter a correct address. But its against the TOS. That said there were some cases where Apple locked the accounts used from other countries. Plus if you download apps on two different ID update can be pain; you need to switch the store each time.

I actually have two ID because of international relocation and finally repurchased some apps. Apple really makes it user-unfriendly here; if you can avoid: better avoid.

bigticket6

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2013
Need uk apple id

Can one of two let me borrow your uk apple id so I can get a fantasy footy app. It's free.

Lammercy

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
Can one of two let me borrow your uk apple id so I can get a fantasy footy app. It's free.

Lmao did you really just ask that? I have several Apple ID's from different countries, when asked for an address I just search a public company in that country and use the address found on their website. No one is going to give you their Apple ID.

blarivee

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
US
Edit: Ugh, old thread.

----------

Lmao did you really just ask that? I have several Apple ID's from different countries, when asked for an address I just search a public company in that country and use the address found on their website. No one is going to give you their Apple ID.

Curious, when you login in say in the US with one from a different country, does it reset to the US?

Lammercy

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
It will redirect you or prompt you to create a login for whichever countries store you are attempting to access.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.