Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:03 PM   #1
Dirtywater
macrumors member

Relink Trash to 2nd Drive

Hello. I'm using a late 2012 MBP and I put in a 256 SSD into the main bay and the original 750 HD into the optical bay as my 2nd drive. Everything has been great.

I had some issues deleting MKV files on the 2nd drive recently and eventually was able to get them to be deleted in the trash. One thing in the process of trying to delete the files I did try this in the Terminal which didn't work, "sudo rm -ri ~/.Trash"

Now, I have no issues deleting files in either drive, but the 2nd drive doesn't reflect the new available space in the finder window. Only when I relaunch the Finder does it correctly reflect the space available. I've logged out, restarted, etc..

Any ideas on how to relink it back so it reflects the space without relaunching Finder? Thank you!
Dirtywater is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help