|Dec 22, 2012, 10:17 PM||#1|
Made first iTunes purchase, unsure how to do this?
- 2011 27" iMac
- 3rd gen iPad 64GB WiFi
- iPhone 5 32GB ATT (with tether package for the iPad)
- 12Mbps home connection and wireless N home network
Anyways, I'm a big pirate and I couldn't find the children's show my son likes on torrents so I looked at iTunes and there it was. Purchased a season for $13.99. It's 13 episodes.
Here's the situation:
I want to download 4 episodes (out of 13) to each iDevice.
I want to download 0 episodes (out of 13) to the Mac.
I want to be able to stream all of the episodes on the Mac without downloading them and I want to (if i ever need to) stream episodes 5-13 on the iDevices.
Is this possible. Should I:
- Open iTunes on each iDevice, select which episodes I wish to download to the iDevice. Let that finish.
When I open 'Videos' on the iDevice, of course it shows I've bought the whole season but will it stream or use the local copy?
In short TLDR:
- How can I download only select episodes of a season to my iDevices.
- How can I download -nothing- to my iMac and only stream from the Internet?
|Dec 22, 2012, 11:22 PM||#2|
You really cannot stream stuff from an iOS device other than to an AppleTV - every other device - your Mac, iPhone, iPod, all just download/copy the complete file where it's stored until you delete it.
And yes, you can select specific content to sync to your device from your computer but it has to exist in it's entirety to do that. You should be able to download purchased items on its own on your device.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 AM.