Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zimpaz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
Hi Guys,

The sleep button on my iphone 5 has started playing up. Maybe 1 in every 5 presses of it doesnt register. Its starting to get really annoying!! I havent dropped, or got it wet. Any ideas?

Was thinking about booking in a "Repair or Service" at my closest apple store (30 miles away :(). I have heard stories of people getting their phones replaced on the day at one of these appointments. Do they transfer everything over when they do this?

spyguy10709

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
Hi Guys,

The sleep button on my iphone 5 has started playing up. Maybe 1 in every 5 presses of it doesnt register. Its starting to get really annoying!! I havent dropped, or got it wet. Any ideas?

Was thinking about booking in a "Repair or Service" at my closest apple store (30 miles away :(). I have heard stories of people getting their phones replaced on the day at one of these appointments. Do they transfer everything over when they do this?

Yeah, go to the apple store, they'll replace it, but won't transfer anything. Just turn iCloud sync on and you'll be fine.

Untethered

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2012
Boston, Ma
Just go ahead and turn it in, though turn on iCloud to be sure you transfer all files over to your new one! ;)
Best,
Untethered​

Zimpaz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
Appointment booked for sunday! Was the earliest they had!

1 hour drive to the store though! :(

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
You can even do it by mail but you will be out of a phone for a few days or they can send you an advanced replacement but they will need a credit card to put a hold untill you return your faulty one back.

mojo8472

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
Swansea, Wales
My iPhone's suddenly developed the same issue. Sleep button is sometimes unresponsive and can take up to 5 clicks before registering.

Problem is I cant recreate the issue 'on demand' so I'm a bit worried about looking a fool in front of the Apple Store fellas.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
My iPhone's suddenly developed the same issue. Sleep button is sometimes unresponsive and can take up to 5 clicks before registering.

Problem is I cant recreate the issue 'on demand' so I'm a bit worried about looking a fool in front of the Apple Store fellas.

I had the same problem with my 4S (home button) before I bought my iPhone 5 and got the 4S replaced. The Genius helping me couldn't "re-create" the problem and replaced the phone anyway. It just depends on who you get to look at your phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.