Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:11 PM   #1
Zimpaz
macrumors regular

iphone 5 Sleep button intermittently working - Will they replace?

Hi Guys,

The sleep button on my iphone 5 has started playing up. Maybe 1 in every 5 presses of it doesnt register. Its starting to get really annoying!! I havent dropped, or got it wet. Any ideas?

Was thinking about booking in a "Repair or Service" at my closest apple store (30 miles away ). I have heard stories of people getting their phones replaced on the day at one of these appointments. Do they transfer everything over when they do this?
Zimpaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 04:47 PM   #2
spyguy10709
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimpaz View Post
Hi Guys,

The sleep button on my iphone 5 has started playing up. Maybe 1 in every 5 presses of it doesnt register. Its starting to get really annoying!! I havent dropped, or got it wet. Any ideas?

Was thinking about booking in a "Repair or Service" at my closest apple store (30 miles away ). I have heard stories of people getting their phones replaced on the day at one of these appointments. Do they transfer everything over when they do this?
Yeah, go to the apple store, they'll replace it, but won't transfer anything. Just turn iCloud sync on and you'll be fine.
spyguy10709 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:30 PM   #3
Untethered
macrumors newbie

Just go ahead and turn it in, though turn on iCloud to be sure you transfer all files over to your new one!
Best,
Untethered
Untethered is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:03 PM   #4
Zimpaz
macrumors regular

Appointment booked for sunday! Was the earliest they had!

1 hour drive to the store though!
Zimpaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:07 PM   #5
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

You can even do it by mail but you will be out of a phone for a few days or they can send you an advanced replacement but they will need a credit card to put a hold untill you return your faulty one back.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:20 AM   #6
mojo8472
macrumors member

My iPhone's suddenly developed the same issue. Sleep button is sometimes unresponsive and can take up to 5 clicks before registering.

Problem is I cant recreate the issue 'on demand' so I'm a bit worried about looking a fool in front of the Apple Store fellas.
mojo8472 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:38 AM   #7
PsstGreek
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo8472 View Post
My iPhone's suddenly developed the same issue. Sleep button is sometimes unresponsive and can take up to 5 clicks before registering.

Problem is I cant recreate the issue 'on demand' so I'm a bit worried about looking a fool in front of the Apple Store fellas.
I had the same problem with my 4S (home button) before I bought my iPhone 5 and got the 4S replaced. The Genius helping me couldn't "re-create" the problem and replaced the phone anyway. It just depends on who you get to look at your phone.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting