Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 23, 2012, 05:48 PM   #1
bigpoppamac31
macrumors 6502a

Where are Safari Bookmarks saved??

I seem to have deleted a bookmark folder in Safari but I'm wondering if the bookmarks are saved on my HD somewhere. Does anyone know??
bigpoppamac31 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:06 PM   #2
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Safari bookmarks are stored in the file Bookmarks.plist in the folder ~/Library/Safari.

Click the desktop to bring focus to the Finder then hit shift-command-g (all three at once. Enter ~/Library/Safari in the popup and hit enter and you will see the folder.

If you have a Time Machine backup you can restore that file to get your bookmarks back.
Weaselboy is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store