Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 23, 2012, 05:57 PM   #1
tommy060289
macrumors regular

Create drop down list with options from cell range

Hey everyone,

I am creating a Diet diary and I intend to use the spreadsheet to create a meal by selecting ingredients from the drop down menu (e.g. if I wanted to check total content of breakfast, I might select some cereals in row 1 and milk in row 2). I intend to use the VLOOKUP function to do most the work but the bit im having trouble finding is making the first cell a drop down list. I know I can do it from pop-up menu in inspector but that means I have to enter all the options in to the list. I want the options in the drop down list to be just everything from the Column A in a table.

How do I do this?

Cheers,

Tom
tommy060289 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store