Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:51 PM   #1
Hooterville
macrumors 6502a

Question iPad Otterbox Defender Users - any problems.........

with the interior edges of the hard plastic front shell or screen protector scratching or damaging the front of your iPad after the iPad has been in the case for while?
Just heard that the plastic shell was hard on the glass front of the iPad.
Hooterville is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:57 PM   #2
SnowLeopard OSX
macrumors 6502a

I think there's a layer of silicone that comes supplied with all Otterbox cases to absorb any shock the iPad might take in the event of a fall. I know a lot of people who user Otterbox cases, I've never heard of any complaints about the case internally scratching their device, though.
iPhone |4S White/16GB/ iOS 7.0|3G White/16GB iOS 4.2.1
SnowLeopard OSX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:56 PM   #3
ZZ Bottom
macrumors 6502a

Haven't used one, but why not just apply a screen protector and not use the built in otterbox one? That will ensure no contact to the glass. And I've read that the otterbox screen protector has terrible rainbow effect (I forget the technical term). It's supposedly not too difficult to remove the built in screen protector from the otterbox case. You can get some high quality screen protectors on amazon for less than 10$.

Just a thought.
ZZ Bottom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:44 AM   #4
digital808
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
with the interior edges of the hard plastic front shell or screen protector scratching or damaging the front of your iPad after the iPad has been in the case for while?
Just heard that the plastic shell was hard on the glass front of the iPad.
I have the otterbox with a screen protector on and have no problems. I punched out the screen protector that came with the otterbox because IMO.....the otterbox screen protector is not quite as clear as the Spigen Ultra Clear which didn't do the retina display any justice. I also have 2 otterbox cases protecting my wife and daughter iPad mini's right now.
digital808 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories