Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:01 PM   #1
AbacabMR
macrumors newbie

IPT5 Home button 'feel' compared to previous models

Hi All !

To those who have migrated from an 'old' IPT to the new IPT5...

Do you notice any difference between your IPT's in terms of the 'travel' distance under the home button ? My IPT5 has a slightly shorter 'travel' under the button. It works just fine. I'm just curious as to whether this is normal or not. We have an IPT2, IPT4 and an IPAD4... the travel distance is 'normal'. This new IPT5's is noticeably shorter.

I don't feel like returning it and if this does not potentially impact its long term reliability... I'll be just fine with this. I got this last Saturday so I'm guessing it can be returned if need be.

Depending on the responses, I might go to the store in a week or so to talk to someone over there about it.

Thanks in advance.
AbacabMR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:39 PM   #2
spyguy10709
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbacabMR View Post
Hi All !

To those who have migrated from an 'old' IPT to the new IPT5...

Do you notice any difference between your IPT's in terms of the 'travel' distance under the home button ? My IPT5 has a slightly shorter 'travel' under the button. It works just fine. I'm just curious as to whether this is normal or not. We have an IPT2, IPT4 and an IPAD4... the travel distance is 'normal'. This new IPT5's is noticeably shorter.

I don't feel like returning it and if this does not potentially impact its long term reliability... I'll be just fine with this. I got this last Saturday so I'm guessing it can be returned if need be.

Depending on the responses, I might go to the store in a week or so to talk to someone over there about it.

Thanks in advance.
I don't own one, but the new iPod is a lot thinner than previous models so it would make sense that the button would have less travel.
Last edited by spyguy10709; Tomorrow at 07:10 AM.
spyguy10709 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:52 AM   #3
AbacabMR
macrumors newbie

Tks for your post. I called Apple support (having one courtesy call after my purchase) and they mentioned the same thing.

I booked a 'Genius Bar' appointment next Saturday to have this checked out. There is barely any 'travel' so I'll get this checked and after one week since my initial purchase it might just be exchanged if it is indeed abnormal.

I'll be able to compare with all the demos they have on site.
AbacabMR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:43 AM   #4
yinz
macrumors 6502a

I heard the new iPhone has a modified home button to give it more reliability. Maybe they did the same to the iPod Touch 5th gen...
yinz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch