Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arcady

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2002
Lexington, KY
I have acquired an old Apple Mouse II. This is the model that is all one color (platinum) and has a button that is the same height as the rest of the case.

It is model M0100, but it is not a Macintosh mouse. Apple (in their never-ending wisdom) had at least five versions of the M0100 mouse.

So anyway, I know this is either a Mouse II or a Mouse II (//c compatible) but I don't have a //c to try it on. Does anyone know if there is a way to tell from the serial number which model it is?

Here is a picture of it:
Apple_II_mouse.jpg

MacTech68

macrumors 68020
Mar 16, 2008
Australia, Perth
I have acquired an old Apple Mouse II. This is the model that is all one color (platinum) and has a button that is the same height as the rest of the case.

It is model M0100, but it is not a Macintosh mouse. Apple (in their never-ending wisdom) had at least five versions of the M0100 mouse.

So anyway, I know this is either a Mouse II or a Mouse II (//c compatible) but I don't have a //c to try it on. Does anyone know if there is a way to tell from the serial number which model it is?

An M0100 with that case design and slightly elongated DB9 plug is the original IIc mouse. It has the additional electronics to tell a IIc that it's a mouse and not game paddles. It will work on both early Macintosh machines AND the IIc.

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.