Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:15 PM   #1
Reidl
macrumors newbie

AppleScript / Automator / Image Capture Code Question

Hello everyone!
I'm new to using any type of apple script and using automator for anything. Also new to this forum so I hope someone can help!

Trying to help my mom streamline - she's a private investigator and takes a lot of photo / video. I've been attempting to automate her image importing and sorting and so far haven't been able to get it working. What I want is when her camera connects to the computer for a prompt to pop up asking what type of images she is uploading. Then based on what she selects import / download them into the right place / folder.

I've gotten so far to make the prompt work great. I set her iPhoto camera connect to Image Capture and then set her Image Capture connect to an automator application. Then running this applescript:

on run
choose from list {"Moral Compass", "SAFY", "Personal"} with prompt "Select Photo / Video Type" without multiple selections allowed and empty selection allowed
return the result as string
end run

So now when her camera connects to the computer my prompt pops up and gives the choices. Can someone help me out with where I go from here to get her selection to then import / download the images into the right place on the computer? For the first two options I'm trying to import into specific folders. For her 'Personal' pics I'm trying to get those to auto import into iPhoto.

I've got the options auto popping up when camera connects but have no clue how to get them to mean something once selected and filter these files.

Any suggestions?
Reidl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2015, 04:18 PM   #2
blaster_boy
macrumors 6502

I think you'll need to hit google for some more examples. There are lots of similar questions to yours out there, except not that many answers.

This is something that might interest you : a similar question on stackoverflow.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-album-name-as

Regards,

A
Old Mar 24, 2015, 03:21 AM   #3
superscape
macrumors 6502

Hi,

If when you attach the camera a volume is mounted (as is the case with all cameras I've owned) then it might be worthwhile investigating a solution that runs a script when that volume is mounted. That's to say ignoring Automactor altogether.

For example, the launchd solution discussed here sounds promising:

http://apple.stackexchange.com/quest...-on-disk-mount

r.
superscape is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming