Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:09 AM   #1
aleni
macrumors 68000

Only 2 days with s3, now im back to the iphone 5

My god, i only lasted 2 days with the S3 before switched back to the iphone 5.

What i missed from s3 is only the removable battery. It's really great to have removable battery so i can just put the extra battery in and the capacity is at 100% again.

Wish iphone will have this feature but i doubt that will happen.
aleni is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:14 AM   #2
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Why are you telling us that you change your phone?
Beeplance is offline   22 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:41 AM   #3
daneoni
macrumors G4

Played with the GSIII several times...never really understood the fuss. Ditto for the Note II. *shrug*
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:14 AM   #4
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Topic # 135281265 about switching from iPhone to android or android to iPhone.
tymaster50 is offline   10 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:16 AM   #5
Insulin Junkie
macrumors 65816

Alright, and now make this topic actually helpful by outlining your experiences and counting up the things which made you switch back?
Insulin Junkie is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:27 AM   #6
MarcBook
macrumors 6502a

You didn't even explain why you changed back? This thread is full of fail.
MarcBook is offline   26 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:43 AM   #7
SnowLeopard OSX
macrumors 6502a

You listed the reason why you enjoyed the Galaxy SIII, but what were your reasons for returning it back? Were you not a fan of the Android OS? Was the hardware too bulky?
iPhone |4S White/16GB/ iOS 7.0|3G White/16GB iOS 4.2.1
SnowLeopard OSX is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:20 AM   #8
BiggAW
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcBook View Post
You didn't even explain why you changed back? This thread is full of fail.
Agreed. I'm about the make the same switch (well iPhone 4S to SGS III), and I'm curious what others think.
SGS III, White VeriPad 3 32GB 7.0.4 JB'ed
BiggAW is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:26 AM   #9
Vundu
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeplance View Post
Why are you telling us that you change your phone?
Quick watch out OP it's the Internet police again

No one is forced to click on a topic.
Vundu is offline   10 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:31 AM   #10
BigMcGuire
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggAW View Post
Agreed. I'm about the make the same switch (well iPhone 4S to SGS III), and I'm curious what others think.
I'll give you my take. 3 of my co-workers have the SGS III. I had the 4s. Being a previous Android rooter my coworkers give me endless hell for having an iPhone. After spending days checking out their phones and their latest roms - Android still isn't there. The screen's sensitivity is not up to par with the iPhone - it cannot keep up with my typing speed. The battery life is about half as good as a 4s with Verizon. Sure, the screen is over saturated and bright and big... but it looks too much like a cartoon on TV to me. And, even with a rooted rom, overclocked, the OS still lags! Another big thing is the plastic feel. After using a glass iPhone 4s for a year going to a plastic creaky phone is a huge no go for me.

So I got an iPhone 5 when my 4s broke over black Friday. Not looking back for the SIII anyway. S4? S5? S6? I think the gap between Android and iPhone is closing fast.
BigMcGuire is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:00 AM   #11
Rocko1
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneoni View Post
Played with the GSIII several times...never really understood the fuss. Ditto for the Note II. *shrug*
Are you serious? You can't even acknowledge the screens on both of those phones are fantastic? Even if you hate the Android OS-I do-you have to man up and admit it's superior traits.
Rocko1 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:06 AM   #12
SnowLeopard OSX
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggAW View Post
You'll have an overall smoother user experience on iOS than you will on Android. That's what I think.
iPhone |4S White/16GB/ iOS 7.0|3G White/16GB iOS 4.2.1
SnowLeopard OSX is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:24 AM   #13
Skika
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko1 View Post
Are you serious? You can't even acknowledge the screens on both of those phones are fantastic? Even if you hate the Android OS-I do-you have to man up and admit it's superior traits.
You mean the extremely over saturated screens? What so fantastic about them? The size?
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:40 AM   #14
harcosparky
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneoni View Post
I had a semi-functional iPhone4.

I also toyed with the SIII and NoteII in the store for quite a while as I knew the iPhone4 needed replacement.

Not happy with the iPhone5, it just didn't seem ( to me ) worth investing $300 or $400 and entering into a new two year contract.

I paid the $149 to have my iPhone4 replaced with another. I was thinking of selling the iPhone4 as I had a good offer but that meant still entering into a two year contract for a phone that I was not impressed with.

I'll keep the iPhone4 for now ... hopefully Apple will make a smart move with the next phone!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skika View Post
What so fantastic about them? The size?
Size matters, in more ways than one might think.

If the iPhone5 had a screen the size of the SIII I would have bought two of them, instead of just replacing my broken iPhone4 with a replacement iPhone4.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:11 PM   #15
tann
macrumors 65816

I dig the current size, weight and feel of the iPhone 5. The thing that puts me off some of Samsungs devices (apart from preferring iOS) is that they are too plastic-y and too large a footprint (I text a lot and just do a lot with one hand).
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:22 PM   #16
upnorth85
macrumors regular

I used the SGS2 for a year and then an iPhone 5 for 2 weeks and am now back on SGS2. I came back to SGS2, because of T-Mobile'scoverage lousy 1900 MHz refarmed 3G network in Minneapolis which is mainly Edge with spotty and weak 3G.
That said I liked the iPhone 5 very much and would go back to it in 2 months- on T-mobile if they have picked up their game or on AT&T. I do see that Android de ice suffer from some key disadvantages:

1. The lag is very bad and becomes worse as you add more Apps. The memory management system is poor.
2. It is very hard to kill a non functional App. Unlike the home button on the iPhone this takes for ever to get control back.

I also see some advantages in the Android device;
1. The Skype functionality is the number one thing I missed in the iOs environment.
2. The alternative menu button in each App provides many options.
upnorth85 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:49 PM   #17
Jungle Jack
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tann View Post
I dig the current size, weight and feel of the iPhone 5. The thing that puts me off some of Samsungs devices (apart from preferring iOS) is that they are too plastic-y and too large a footprint (I text a lot and just do a lot with one hand).
Hello,
I could not agree more about Samsung's choice of materials. As a Moderator on a Home Theater Forum, this feeling actually translates over to their TV's as well.

I really do like Motorola Droid RAZR's and if I were to go back to an Android device, that would be the most likely one. I am also kinda liking what HTC has been up to recently.
Cheers,
JJ
Jungle Jack is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:57 PM   #18
Marrakas
macrumors 6502

I had the S3 for 5 months, I really loved it, but after getting an iPad, I use that for my bigscreen needs, so I wanted a smaller phone, which made the iPhone5 perfect. Both S3 and iPhone5 are amazing phones in my opinion, it all comes down to personal preference which to choose.
Marrakas is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:01 PM   #19
map1978
macrumors 68020

A Motorola Razr style Nexus phone is where it's at in 2013

That would be the only Android phone I will try again
map1978 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:12 PM   #20
tann
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Jack View Post
Hello,
I could not agree more about Samsung's choice of materials. As a Moderator on a Home Theater Forum, this feeling actually translates over to their TV's as well.

I really do like Motorola Droid RAZR's and if I were to go back to an Android device, that would be the most likely one. I am also kinda liking what HTC has been up to recently.
Cheers,
JJ
The RAZR (HD/MAXX/other variations) and HTC One X and S are the three droid phones that actually intrigue me the most. Especially the One X and S as they look great, they are built well and are just really nice
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:12 PM   #21
daneoni
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko1 View Post
Yup very much so. I'll take LCD over SAMOLED any day. Brighter and more natural looking colours. Also anything after 4.3" is a bonus not a requirement for me personally. I want a phone not a phablet.

If i were to buy an Android phone now i'd probably go with the One X+ or NX4. Preferably the former. IF that is...
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:30 PM   #22
MrMister111
macrumors 6502a

Strange OP to not mention reasons, see my post here

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1511426

I'm debating... hard... on whether to go from S3 to iP5. Had iPhone 4, went to Android with XE then S3. It is laggy, hardware no where near as good as Apple. I'm worried on a few features I'd miss from S3 though.. Screen size, keyboard, shortcuts (call dialler), pull down shortcut menu

Last edited by balamw; Dec 25, 2012 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Hotlink
MrMister111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:44 PM   #23
Smithwicks
macrumors regular

I can't remember a time I experienced noticeable lag when I had the gs3. Same goes with my Nexus 4. Sometimes I wonder if the people complaining about Android lag have a million widgets on their home screens.
Smithwicks is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:00 PM   #24
MuddyPaws1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insulin Junkie View Post
Alright, and now make this topic actually helpful by outlining your experiences and counting up the things which made you switch back?
3 days is hardly a good test drive. Especially if you have never used the operating system.

I made my wife use my iPhone for almost a month before she decided on what phone she was going to haul around.
MuddyPaws1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:24 PM   #25
Mxbzz
macrumors regular

I'm currently on a Nexus 4 and while browsing through my apps are a little stuttery, I've experienced the same stutter on my iPhone 5 --neither were enough for me to complain about.

Also, my phone is on 560+ hours of uptime without a major hiccup. Either JB has made big strides on reliability or people like to post misconceptions on what they think the Android OS entails.
Mxbzz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone