Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:19 PM   #51
D1G1T4L
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namtaro View Post
A little research shows that the US model doesn't have it? I live in Canada and the S3's I've tried didn't have such settings. Stupid that they'd leave it out...

Hope they didn't leave it out on the Note 2 as I'm on the fence about the Note 2 and the iPhone 5... Haven't held one in person yet so not sure if I'll like it. All I ever do with my phone now is text, call, take pictures, listen to music and use maps. Only thing I don't like about the iPhone 5 right now is the bending issue (I don't baby my phones and I'm not going to get a bulky rubber case) and no jailbreak... BiteSMS and IntelliscreenX are two things I think I can't live without.
I can tell you that I have a Verizon Note 2 and it does have that feature. I can change the screen in the display option in settings.
D1G1T4L is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:39 PM   #52
Jungle Jack
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackandproud View Post
Very important, since you carry around a 55" TV in the palm of your hand all day. SMH
Snarky. I am writing of Samsung's industrial design.
Jungle Jack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:57 AM   #53
jimbo1mcm
macrumors 6502a

The S3 is a wonderful phone, if you don't have an Ip 5. I switched back from the S3. The battery life on the IP5 is very good. I never have to re-charge during the day. It is very nice to take a picture on the IP 5 and have it on my MacBook Pro right away from the Cloud. Initially, I liked the screen on the S3 but after getting the IP5, it didn't matter anymore. The coming S4 will be a fantastic phone. If it could run IOS on it, I would crawl over broken glass to get it, but I am not leaving the Apple eco system.
jimbo1mcm is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:46 AM   #54
D1G1T4L
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm View Post
The S3 is a wonderful phone, if you don't have an Ip 5. I switched back from the S3. The battery life on the IP5 is very good. I never have to re-charge during the day. It is very nice to take a picture on the IP 5 and have it on my MacBook Pro right away from the Cloud. Initially, I liked the screen on the S3 but after getting the IP5, it didn't matter anymore. The coming S4 will be a fantastic phone. If it could run IOS on it, I would crawl over broken glass to get it, but I am not leaving the Apple eco system.
You had the same ability with your S3. All my pictures I take with my Note 2 are pushed right up to my dropbox account. I'm sure there are other options but it is the one I use.
D1G1T4L is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:49 AM   #55
iHailCarlo
macrumors 6502

2 days isnt a long time, but if you are unhappy then you are unhappy.
iHailCarlo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:19 PM   #56
itjw
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by The iGentleman View Post
So lack of progress is a good thing simply because there will be nothing new to catch your eye? Strange logic there.
Correct. Unecessary spec bumps for the sake of staying "bleeding edge" is indeed worth NOTHING to me. I would MUCH rather have a phone that is the "top of the line" while they work to make substantial improvements as opposed to a phone that is outdated the moment I buy it.

Look, I get that fandroids always want to tout how many GHZ they have and how great the latest AMOLED .1" of screen is, but for me and (judging by the looks of how upset the iPad 3 folks were at the recent acceleration of the upgrade cycle) most Apple users, LIKE the idea of having a year or so with a product before having to feel the "urge" to buy a new one.

I also get that most fandroids think things like NFC and quad core procs were huge upgrades worthy of buying a new phone over. That's fine, but it adds to the overall problem of the OS not being available to owners of only slightly old tech. If you buy an Android you'd better be ready willing and ABLE to upgrade it quarterly, otherwise you might not even GET the latest OS.

So ya. I'm not keen on the idea of "progress" just for progress's sake. It's a lot like "innovation". The fandroids talk about it all the time, but it often only amounts to features noone asked for and noone uses anyway (tell me the next time you see someone bump a phone to transfer a playlist... this big "upgrade" was featured on Samsung's main anti-Apple ad and I have YET to see anyone (even my SGS3 using friends) use it).

Great "progress" though... lol
itjw is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:27 PM   #57
preguntonontrac
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
Topic # 135281265 about switching from iPhone to android or android to iPhone.
Still rocking my note II it does everything my iphone does and when i need something smaller i switch to my galaxy s3. Wireless phone software's images of the phone for quick phone changes. I love the pen for games and my kids loves to play draw something in it. My iphone 5 is in the closet... and the screen WOW note 2 is my baby now. Like your first reply said why are you informing us? You liked all i told you? no... right? Each one likes what they like for unique reasons and taste.
preguntonontrac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:01 PM   #58
aphexacid
macrumors 6502a

In my opinion, the only android phones that are worth a crap are the plain Nexus phones.

And right now, the Nexus 4 is a big fat turd. Beautiful design, but horrendous battery life and mediocre performance. And no LTE.

I have a friend that buys every Nexus that comes out, and he was sorely disappointed with this one. WIth screen brightness at a barely viewable level, he gets about 4 hours of usage...maybe.
aphexacid is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:25 PM   #59
Peanut207
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vundu View Post
Quick watch out OP it's the Internet police again

No one is forced to click on a topic.
Haha..so true.
Peanut207 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:21 PM   #60
bkd0255
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
In my opinion, the only android phones that are worth a crap are the plain Nexus phones.

And right now, the Nexus 4 is a big fat turd. Beautiful design, but horrendous battery life and mediocre performance. And no LTE.

I have a friend that buys every Nexus that comes out, and he was sorely disappointed with this one. WIth screen brightness at a barely viewable level, he gets about 4 hours of usage...maybe.
wow how sad... was considering getting one just for my 2 year old son to play around but never mind better off getting an old iphone
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:56 PM   #61
Smithwicks
macrumors regular

I have the nexus 4 and I agree that the battery life is horrendous. Hopefully a software update helps in that department. For now, it'll be my backup phone with a Lumia 920 as my primary.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
Smithwicks is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:15 AM   #62
The iGentleman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjw View Post
Correct. Unecessary spec bumps for the sake of staying "bleeding edge" is indeed worth NOTHING to me. I would MUCH rather have a phone that is the "top of the line" while they work to make substantial improvements as opposed to a phone that is outdated the moment I buy it.
Sensationalism at its finest. Just because a new phone comes out, doesn't make your current phone outdated. If the next phone that comes out isn't a significant upgrade, then there's no reason for you to want it, thus making your point moot.

Quote:
Look, I get that fandroids always want to tout how many GHZ they have and how great the latest AMOLED .1" of screen is, but for me and (judging by the looks of how upset the iPad 3 folks were at the recent acceleration of the upgrade cycle) most Apple users, LIKE the idea of having a year or so with a product before having to feel the "urge" to buy a new one.
Sounds more like smartphone insecurity...you need to know your phone is "top of the line" for a year or so. That is ridiculous. Another phone coming out doesn't remove anything from your phone. Another phone coming out doesn't make your phone operate and less desirably. So another phone coming out should have no bearing on you enjoying your phone, but apparently you have a need to know your phone is the "top of the line" for you to like it.

Quote:
I also get that most fandroids think things like NFC and quad core procs were huge upgrades worthy of buying a new phone over. That's fine, but it adds to the overall problem of the OS not being available to owners of only slightly old tech. If you buy an Android you'd better be ready willing and ABLE to upgrade it quarterly, otherwise you might not even GET the latest OS.
Actually it doesn't... A new phone being released has nothing to do with what phones do or do not get the newer OS.

Quote:
So ya. I'm not keen on the idea of "progress" just for progress's sake. It's a lot like "innovation". The fandroids talk about it all the time, but it often only amounts to features noone asked for and noone uses anyway (tell me the next time you see someone bump a phone to transfer a playlist... this big "upgrade" was featured on Samsung's main anti-Apple ad and I have YET to see anyone (even my SGS3 using friends) use it).
Great "progress" though... lol
For the record, I've tapped my phone to transfer my contact information, I tap my phone to make purchases, I tap my phone to initiate automated tasks, and I tap my phone to transfer things to and from my tablet. So no, I haven't tapped to transfer a playlist, but I have tapped my phone to transfer a video I recorded.

By your logic, the television industry should slow down and stop coming out with so many models, so that people who buy a TV today can rest easy knowing they have the top of the line for at least a year. They should wait before coming out with smart TV's because it might make people who already bought a TV feel bad...
The iGentleman is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:48 AM   #63
Werewolf
macrumors newbie

Insecurity at its best.....
Werewolf is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:21 AM   #64
Six8
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post

He must have a bad unit. Mine is blazing fast and battery life was fine. Too bad I sold it
Six8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone