Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:33 AM   #1
cristian.ny
macrumors newbie

Best iPad mini shell

I just got a black iPad mini with a light gray Apple Smart Cover and I'm looking for a perfect shell that is compatible with the Smart Cover. I've looked on amazon an I couldn't find much that looked perfect. I prefably want a matte black thin shell that just covers the back. Any suggestions?
cristian.ny is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:47 AM   #2
flavr
macrumors 6502

I picked up two from Rocketfish from Best Buy...a clear smoked gray and a clear pink...they seem to be great quality, fit perfect and best of all, no logos anywhere on it so its clean. You won't need black, the clear smoke gray looks dark black when you use it with the black Mini because its transparent. Also works with the Apple Smart Cover.

here it is in clear (the smoked gray is darker):

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/det...=1218826436641
flavr is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:08 AM   #3
Batavian
macrumors 6502

There's a forum for ipad accessories

Big thread here
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1473864

Lots of other threads in that section for ideas.

Enjoy your Mini!
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:25 PM   #4
jcborden
macrumors member

I have the SwitchEasy CoverBuddy for the mini, fit is perfect and it covers all corners and has special covers on the on/off and volume buttons. They do it in clear, smoke or matt colours to match the smart covers.

The fit and protection is excellent - I have the smoke, but would prefer the matt versions which are much more resistant to scratching (or at least hide it very well). Used one on my previous iPad 3 and 2.
jcborden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 04:03 PM   #5
darngooddesign
macrumors G3

Belkin Snapshield.

I like it.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories