Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:23 AM   #1
chriis2011
macrumors newbie

Genius Bar Diagnostic Test

Hey guys im new to the forum but have a quick question over an issue with apple. I have a 2011 mbp thats giving ne issues so I brought it to the genius bar. They said they said they would do a diagnostic overnight for free and let me know what's wrong. I want to know does the diagnostic involve them physically opening the laptop?
chriis2011 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:32 AM   #2
Gav2k
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriis2011 View Post
Hey guys im new to the forum but have a quick question over an issue with apple. I have a 2011 mbp thats giving ne issues so I brought it to the genius bar. They said they said they would do a diagnostic overnight for free and let me know what's wrong. I want to know does the diagnostic involve them physically opening the laptop?
They will check if its running the original shipped specs before they do anything.

The test is a soak test (looped benchmark of sorts) errors are logged and from that they will determine the issue.

Obviously if you have changed the hdd or ram then put the originals back in.
Gav2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion