Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

desertman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Arizona, USA
I am in the middle of setting up a brand new MacBook Pro (with OS X 10.8.2) for a friend. Part of the setup is an IMAP Gmail account. All existing emails show up in Mail. Sending emails from Mail works.

However, newly to this account sent emails do not show up in Mail (but on the web).

If I delete the account in Mail and then create it again, all new mails from inbetween show up but all mails that I send to this account from then on show up again only on the web and not in Mail on the Mac.

On my own computer, with my own Gmail account everything shows up fine everywhere (on the web, in Mail on my Mac, in Mail on my iPad).

Anybody any idea what is going wrong here and how this can be fixed? Can this in any way be related to the fact that this friend has this Gmail account also on her iPhone and on her iPad?

Last edited:

Jaypi

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2012
Los Angeles
Mail --> Settings --> Gmail account --> Mailbox behavior --> Check "Store sent messages on the server"

or

mark your "sent" mailbox --> Mailbox --> Use this Mailbox for --> Sent

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.