Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:16 PM   #1
jeff92k7
macrumors member

iTunes home sharing (restrict content)

I have a question about home sharing in iTunes. I have home sharing set up and working fine among all my iDevices, iTunes (multiple computers), and multiple Apple TV's. The wife and I got the kids an iPod touch for Christmas (primarily for games), but it would be nice to add it to the home sharing so they can listen to music and watch their movies too. However, I don't want the kids to be able to access all of the movies. Ideally, I'd like to restrict access to movies and TV shows on that device to movies and shows of a certain rating, or manually "approved" movies and shows. Is there any way to do something like this?

Jeff
jeff92k7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:41 PM   #2
jeff92k7
macrumors member

Looks like I figured it out on my own. Setting Restrictions on the iPod accomplished what I wanted. It's great because limiting them to certain Movie and TV ratings causes the videos app to not even show anything that falls outside of the approved ratings. All they see is the "approved" movies and shows, and those without ratings (home videos).
jeff92k7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store