Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:36 AM   #101
Xenc
macrumors 6502a

This yacht reminds me of the Samsung Galaxy Tab. It has a similar rectangular design.
Xenc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:56 AM   #102
wordoflife
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOV View Post
??? where did you get that from
Ive only seen it after but google is telling me it depends. My bad
wordoflife is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:15 AM   #103
E.Lizardo
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morod View Post
Um, have you mentioned this insight to Steve Wozniak?
Good point.But Apple would be long gone without Steve.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmarts View Post
Don't care about other peoples yachts being impounded and released, if Macrumors wanted to use their space wisely they should already talking about what was the best and worst of this year.
Because space on a website is in such short supply...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidraindrop View Post
Wow who the **** cares merry cristmas to his family but really who the **** cares this type of news shouldn't be on here. Really?????
I found it mildly interesting.If you would take a look there is nothing else new posted so what's the damage?Was some Earth shattering story not posted in favor of this?Just chill out and scroll past stories that don't interest you instead of all the petulant whining.You are always free to start your own site and only post stories that please you.
Interestingly you not only wasted your no doubt precious time reading the article,but wasted even more time posting a useless complaint about it that will have no effect whatsoever.lol
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:19 AM   #104
kdarling
macrumors Demi-God

Reminds me of a story my next door neighbor told me many years ago:

He did some carpentry work for a big strip mall near us. However, they didn't pay his bill, which was about a thousand dollars. He kept sending his bill to them and nothing happened.

So he got a lien put on the building he had worked on. Apparently nobody noticed this.

A year or two later, they decided to sell the mall for probably a million dollars, and that's when a title search turned up his lien.

Oh boy, did they pay him then
kdarling is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:25 AM   #105
roasted
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTiki View Post
I think it is an awesome ship. it's unique and not a clone of countless other yachts already out there. Sort of like Apple as opposed to PCs. I can easily see why S.J. approved the design and had the ship built.
No worries, I'm sure every single nook and cranny of this ship is patented, including the "use of metal screws."
roasted is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:26 AM   #106
patentlawyer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdarling View Post
Reminds me of a story my next door neighbor told me many years ago:

He did some carpentry work for a big strip mall near us. However, they didn't pay his bill, which was about a thousand dollars. He kept sending his bill to them and nothing happened.

So he got a lien put on the building he had worked on. Apparently nobody noticed this.

A year or two later, they decided to sell the mall for probably a million dollars, and that's when a title search turned up his lien.

Oh boy, did they pay him then
haha very nice
patentlawyer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:38 AM   #107
Kwill
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
I will say it again, why is this on the front page.
Why are you still reading and commenting on it?

@ClinicalPosters
Kwill is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:47 AM   #108
DanielSw
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderspark View Post
The only reason I'd buy a boat is to sail it across oceans and such. The idea that a custom yacht can't make it home from where it was built sounds like a waste to me, but then, they say a boat is a hole in the ocean in which you pour money.
Your words reveal your profound naiveté regarding ships and ocean sailing. Old Man Sea and Mother Nature will happily devour any ship and its crew which is not truly seaworthy. Becoming seaworthy is a long and painstaking process, especially for a brand new vessel.

I doubt if the Jobs family has the resources to arrange for crewing up their yacht properly from such a long distance away.

And the Dutch firm which manufactured it is most likely mainly interested in delivering the vessel safely to California, a very long distance away, especially by sea. The ferrying vessel may not fit through the locks of the Panama Canal. If not, the voyage may have to be around Africa and across the Indian Ocean, if they don't want to risk the waters of the Middle East.
DanielSw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:49 AM   #109
Drunken Master
macrumors 65816

Quote:
The only reason I'd buy a boat is to sail it across oceans and such.
That's a lot of backgammon right there.
Drunken Master is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:12 AM   #110
Troneas
macrumors 65816

People used to sail in friggin caravels across the antantic 500 years ago and some here claim this state-of-the-art humongous ship can't?
Troneas is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:23 AM   #111
AidenShaw
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSw View Post
Your words reveal your profound naiveté regarding ships and ocean sailing. Old Man Sea and Mother Nature will happily devour any ship and its crew which is not truly seaworthy. Becoming seaworthy is a long and painstaking process, especially for a brand new vessel.

I doubt if the Jobs family has the resources to arrange for crewing up their yacht properly from such a long distance away.

And the Dutch firm which manufactured it is most likely mainly interested in delivering the vessel safely to California, a very long distance away, especially by sea. The ferrying vessel may not fit through the locks of the Panama Canal. If not, the voyage may have to be around Africa and across the Indian Ocean, if they don't want to risk the waters of the Middle East.
Why are you assuming that the Venus would be headed to California? The Bay Area isn't a big yachting area. Cold oceans, outside of the bay itself the weather can be very bad (not to mention the "marine layer" that is very gloomy).

The Venus would make a good venue for floating dinners and parties on the bay, but I'd suspect a Caribbean or Mexican (Cabo/Puerto Vallarta) destination is more likely.

The 600' yacht carriers that I referenced to go through the Panama Canal for their Mexican itinerairies.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:41 AM   #112
Macrolido
macrumors regular

Finally I can sleep.
Macrolido is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:07 PM   #113
wonderspark
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSw View Post

I was crew on my second navy ship as she went through the Panama Canal, and it was only about 47 feet wide. We had a ton of room in the locks. Battleships and aircraft carriers have been through it.

My point was that if it can't cross an ocean, I'm not interested in it.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:22 PM   #114
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Quote:
My point was that if it can't cross an ocean, I'm not interested in it.
So? Obviously, Jobs wasn't interested in a boat that can cross an ocean. What does your interest have to do with that?
Night Spring is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:37 PM   #115
Thunderhawks
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitbox View Post
And in other news, Samsung today released their own yacht they had been working on in secret.
The engineer in charge made about 200 plus different designs on an iPad.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by terriyaki View Post
Hmm.. I wonder if it'll come with a tracking number .
No, but an app:

Find my Venus

if they get lost sailing.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:58 PM   #116
carmenodie
macrumors 6502a

One of the ugliest POS I've seen.
carmenodie is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:02 PM   #117
excommie
macrumors regular

why is there so much coverage on this?
excommie is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:02 PM   #118
wrkactjob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearofthe View Post
Is the Venus 2 going to be thinner and lighter with a new design?
No because it will have Retina and its something to do with the batteries adding weight etc...
wrkactjob is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:09 PM   #119
kingumikti
macrumors newbie

Amazing

I'm very excited about that amazing yacht.
kingumikti is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:14 PM   #120
Konrad
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobster68w View Post
That is one of the ugliest yachts I've ever seen.
Have you seen the yacht, or pictures of the yacht?
Konrad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:26 PM   #121
mrtravel123
macrumors regular

I wish I had a nickel for every time someone complained about something being placed on the front page of this website. I'd probably have enough money that I could buy this yacht myself.
mrtravel123 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:40 PM   #122
noiseordinance
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parky View Post
I think many people feel the same about these pointless comments.

If you care so little about it, why post a comment about it.
It makes no sense!
Well, I make a comment because hopefully the people who run this site respond to user feedback. I would say that by your logic, your reply to my reply is even more nonsensical.
noiseordinance is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:44 PM   #123
apfeljonas
macrumors regular

That yacht looks epic. Loving the design!
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:56 PM   #124
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseordinance View Post
Well, I make a comment because hopefully the people who run this site respond to user feedback. I would say that by your logic, your reply to my reply is even more nonsensical.
In that case, you should perhaps use the "report post" button (red triangle in the left-hand column). That way you can ensure that a forum mod will read your feedback, and prevent cluttering the thread.
Night Spring is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:26 PM   #125
Morshu9001
Banned

Whatever, it's really ugly anyway. The only thing pretty about that is the inside with the iMacs.
Morshu9001 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion